Also remember, all our sponsors have web links on the right hand side of the blog. Be sure to visit their sites, and thank them for all they do for Team R.E.D.! Here they all are... alphabetically:
- Appliance Village
- Bears Den Sports Bar & Eatery
- K&S Heating and Air
- Med City Marathon
- Needs Car Wash
- Pro Image
- ServiceMaster Clean
With the Track season upon us... and home hosting about to kick off, I'm seeking a couple of volunteers for a couple of roles.
But before we get to that... is it just me? or did the Bears Den Bear get too excited about all the attention he got from the ladies, and Steve?
Home Host Schedule Volunteer: In the past, it's been a blast and very much appreciated to be invited to members homes for a run/walk and social on non-bears den nights.
I'm seeking someone to help coordinate the scheduling of home hosts. The bullets below sort of outline what I think you'd be signing up for if you choose to volunteer for this role.
- Be the point of contact for people who are interested in home hosting. Members will be pointed to your email address if they are interested in home hosting.
- Track which 2nd, 4th and sometimes 5th Thursdays are already booked by a home host, and which are still available.
- Communicate with home hosts on details such as address, routes, and what Team members bring, i.e. is it a pot luck? are beverages provided or byob? should we bring lawn chairs? that sort of stuff.
- Communicate with Tom to get the details onto the blog the weekend prior to a home host night.
- Come up with potential routes of 3, 4 or 6 miles for a Thursday night run/walk.
- Arrive on time to deliver the route talk (that's one of my greatest weaknesses!)
- If not available to give a route talk on a Thursday, seek out someone who can.