|It's the Wilderness!|
|It's the Wilderness!|
If your Team R.E.D. membership is current at time of your registration for Chester Woods AND you register or Volunteer to help at Chester Woods before January 31st. You will be entered to win a $50 Bears Den Gift Card! Not a member? You can register for Team R.E.D. or renew at http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41986407849976
Here's a look at this week... I love December, there is so much going on, which means we see so much of each other!
Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are heading to Legends! This is located at 11 4th St SE Rochester. It's right along the river trail and offers a great place for a social after fitness!
Tuesday 6:15pm: Tuesday Trail Crew is heading to a favorite of many. The Root River County park with afters at Roosters Too!
Tuesday 9pm: The Night Owls are getting after it week after week. Meet at Beetles Bar & Grill to get some miles with people who love to smile!
Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is heading to Brothers Bar & Grill. We'll hop on the trail and head toward Silver Lake! - It'll give us a well let path, and everyone a chance to decide how far to go. Remember, when we meet at Brothers we park in the back. (route talk is outside in good weather, and inside the back door if it's not so good).
I'll keep posting these upcoming events with each post.. these are things you want to be at if at all possible! - Also, they are so much fun, and low key (as are most of our group runs) these are great opportunites for those who have not yet joined us, to join us!
- Dec 18th - Team R.E.D. Caroling on the Run! We'll get rolling at 6pm and travel from bar to restaurant/bar... stop, sing and spread cheer, pay for some meals... and roll to the next location! There will be two routes, one for runners, one for walkers - set to make sure we all arrive at each location together!
- The routes are still being worked out, so we'll post more details soon.
- How do we pay for meals? - Each participant is asked to bring a cash donation of any amount. Team R.E.D. will add a contribution from our general funds, and buy the first round for carolers when we return to our host location!
- I can't make it but want to help! - you can make a cash donation ahead of time if you like. Just make sure you give that to Wendy, so Tom doesn't buy a pitcher of beer with it! We have already collected one donation from a member who can't join us.
- Dec 23rd 7:30am - Team R.E.D. & OSS combine for our Annual Christmas Breakfast Fun! We are gathering at Charlies Pub for this event. We'll get into our festive holiday gear, and go for a run or walk then come back for a wonderful breakfast.
- Breakfast is served Buffet Style - breakfast, non-alcoholic beverage, taxes and tip come to $13 a head - half price for kids. We will have an evite to RSVP set up soon, and we'll share that as well.
- You do not need to be a member of Team R.E.D. or the Rochester Track Club to attend... all are welcome!
- Dec 30th - Team R.E.D. hosts an Ugly Sweater bowling night! This will take place at Sandbaggers in Byron and our start time is still being set up.
- Jan 6th 9:30am - The Polar Bear Prediction Run takes place at Gloria Dei church in Rochester. A light lunch is provided afterwards by the Rochester Track Club.
- If you're not familiar with this race, you should get familiar as it's really fun! You'll predict your 5K time - then you'll try to run as close to that time without finishing too fast (or you'll be DQ'd) - No watches or timekeeping devices are allowed.
- Do not pace off me... I stink at this!
- Jan 9th 6pm - TerraLoco hosts their resolution night with a run at 6pm, and a panel of guest speakers at 7pm. Several area resources will be represented with tables set up for you to visit. Team R.E.D. is planning to be there!