Here's a look at the next few days! - remember for your evening runs (and early morning for that matter), we are at that time of year where Reflective clothing and Head Lamps are a must! Make sure you're being safe and being seen!
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders are at Roosters, along West Circle Drive. Plan on any where from 4-8 miles, it's always up to you! Come back for coffee and/or breakfast and a social!
- Monday 6pm: The Monday Maniacs are getting it rolling from Newts at Cross Roads. This is typically a 5-6 mile group with a variety of paces. It's in the heart of Rochester... and a another great gathering place for the post workout social!
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail crew heads to Carley State Park for 4-6 miles of trails. You can run or hike! The social will be fireside, weather permitting, otherwise a quick trip in to Plainview to enjoy each other!
- Tuesday 9pm: The Night Owls keep rolling along the Douglas Trail! - If you can't make those 6pm workouts, here's an opportunity to get connected! Meet at the trailhead along Valley High and enjoy the out and back (pick your turn around time, based on how far you want to go!).
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is Rochester bound! Join us at Beetles Bar & Grill on 2nd Street. This is a great location to get either a run down town, or around the base of the big old hill, without going up it! Of course, a social at Beetles is also fun!
- If you have time to roll out to Northern Hills Golf Course on Thursday prior to R.E.D., you can check out the Section 1A Cross Country Championships! Byron and all the area small schools compete this day. It's super fun to watch these high school athletes chase for a spot in the Minnesota Sate Cross Country Championship, held Nov 4th.
- Boys compete at 3:50pm and Girls at 4:45pm - if you stop out, swing by the Byron Tent and say hi!
- The event is supported by the Rochester Track Club
I've been really bad at updating upcoming races.. but we'll try to get back to that.
Here's one.. Essex Park on Oct 21st - Just $5 for the 7K event! - proceeds go to maintenance of the trails. This is a no frills event, if you're in it for the joy of running it's for you!
Best wishes to all of you racing this weekend! Have fun and run fast!