Best wishes to all the area runners and coaches as they prepare for their High School Section Championships this week. It's a big week for those aspiring to reach the State Track meet!
Best wishes for those preparing for Chester Woods and Kettle Morraine as well! It's a super loaded weekend, have fun!
Wendy has created a Sign Up page for anyone interested in home hosting! - Remember, for the most part, any 2nd or 4th Thursday are up for grabs. Check out the link and let's visit each others homes! It's always a pretty relaxing environment when we have these home host get togethers!
I finally grabbed a picture of two members who have been with us for a bit, but they finally held a press conference. This is a shot of us at the Free Agent signing press conference held at the Eagles Club!
Additionally, we had two new members that we didn't get pictures. Soon I'll have pictures of Patrick Johnston and Tom Kluczny (yes, that's Megans Tom!)
Here are the week's group opportunities...
- Tuesday 6:15pm - The Tuesday Trail crew is previewing a piece of the Mason Run @ Chester Woods course! Afters will be at one of the shelters with a bonfire (weather permitting). Bring your favorite beverage and some food to enjoy the social!
- If you're not yet registered for the Mason Run, you can do so here until May 31st https://raceroster.com/
events/2018/15523/ chester-woods-trail-races-m ason-run
- Also, you can register at TerraLoco on Friday from 5-7pm, or one hour prior to race time on Saturday, June 2nd.
- You can drop me an email if you'd like to volunteer! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 9pm - The Night Owls are where it's at! I heard that from Wendy Taylor during the Med City Marathon weekend! - They are gathering at the trailhead of the Douglas Trail, located along Valley High (next to IBM). Bring a post run beverage of choice!
- Wednesday 6pm - The track is open in Byron! - Last time we held a track night, only two people elected to take part. If you'd like to get your speed rolling, I suggest connecting via Facebook or during other group runs, and make sure we have a crew, as it's a lot more fun to suffer with good company!
- Thursday 5:45pm - Team B.E.D. yes, Bike. Eat. Drink. is going to petal away from the Bears Den for an hour-plus! So, as you can see, this week you can not only walk or run, but also bike! - Just know the bike crew will roll a bit before the running/walking crew so arrive in time for the 5:45pm departure! - and cycle back for the social.
- Thursday 6pm - Team R.E.D. is at the Bears Den and we'll cruise just after the bikes roll out! You can come run, walk or bike this week! The running/walking routes will be 3, 4 or 6 miles.. Of course, we'll all circle back to the Bears Den for a great social!