Was a big day of racing around the area.... I was able to attend the Douglas Trail 11 Mile Race... it a nice turnout, with a lot of Team R.E.D. taking part not only as runners, but also volunteers! A special Thanks to Allan and to the Boynton Family for stepping in to fill those aid stations -- it was a warm one, the aid stations were a great help, nice work! Also a special thanks to Lorelei as lead biker, she didn't even get lost!
|Allan ready to ride to his aid station|
|Lorelei as lead bike... she didn't even get lost on this out and back!|
|Dawn & Brad brought the kids to run the aid station while simply supervised (and on their left, you'll see Claire and Lana|
|Dani won it for the women... as is tradition, a Watermelon is the prize! The male winner prictured here is Mario.|
|Gwen & Sonja enjoy the awards... Several RTC Board Members (many of whom are also Team R.E.D. members) put in some O.T. to make this race a reality, and it went very well!|
- Sunday 7:30am: Off Season Striders are meeting at Charlies Pub & Eatery on 2nd St SW in Rochester. Plan on 5-8 miles and some post run chatter, with breakfast if you like.
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs will gather at Green Mill for a run and some cocktails on the patio! Join this group, as there have been a few new faces coming of late!
- Tuesday 6:30pm: Whitewater State Park is the site of this weeks Trail Run. This is one of the favorite locations for so many! A couple of choices as to where to meet. Either at the RCTC Field House at 6pm to carpool/caravan to the park, or go directly to the Whitewater Nature Store, plan to arrive there by 6:30pm.
- Wednesday 5:45pm: Join the hill workout crew for some repeats. What are hill repeats? Much like it sounds.. you go up the hill, come down the hill... and repeat. You can choose how many repeats is right for you! Gather at the Soldiers Field Memorial to get a short warmup over to the base of the hill.
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is at the Bears Den in Byron. The official home of Team R.E.D. is always a fun place to run and fun from. Come join us!
- Saturday 7am: The Marathon & Half Marathon training runs continue from the RAC in Rochester. I suspect the longer of the runs will approach 18 miles this week. More details will be posted at www.runningrochester.blogspot.com later this week.
Tuesday 6pm: Note: Every Tuesday this event is held!
- TerraLoco 5K for charity is a go again! Just $5 to enter, and the funds go to a local charity. Meet at TerraLoco, located near Trader Joe's in Rochester.
Saturday Aug 9th
- Bolder Dash 5k and 1 Mile. This event is hosted by Bolder Options. More details can be found at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=617&TM=78870.14
- Kasson Festival in the Park 5K and 1 Mile. This event also has a family rate! I love events that have a family rate! More details can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/kassonfestivalrun/
- Run for the Children 5K and 1.8 Mile Walk is held at Silver Lake. More details can be found at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=581&TM=78870.14
- Big Head 5K is a Cross Country event run on grass at the Oaks Country Club in Hayfield. More details can be found at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=627&TM=78870.14
- Chatfield Western Days 10K & 2 Mile were evading my radar for a bit.. but here they are! http://www.zapevent.com/listactivities.aspx?eventid=5515
- Rochester Eco-Tri with Kayak, Mountain Bike and Run - Kayak rentals are available. There's also a 10K run option if you prefer to stick to 1 out of 3. This event is directed by Team R.E.D. member Steve Dawson, and supports Camp Victory. You can find more information at http://www.rochesterecotri.com/Rochester_MN_eco_triathlon.html