I'll post pictures from the Beer Mile in our next post as we're scrambling right now to get ready for this afternoons Kids Mile and Parade! - Quickly I'd like to get some info out regarding the next few days so you know where to go!
The fun continues today with a Team R.E.D. Sponsored FREE Kids 1-Mile along the parade route in Byron!
- Sunday 2:30pm: Kids Mile - bring your kids and let them run along the parade route! This is absolutely free - but an adult must sign a waiver for the young one to receive a bib #.
- Volunteers for this event should plan to arrive at the Historical Center at 1:45pm today to get ready.
- Sunday 3pm: Team R.E.D. Marches in the Byron Good Neighbor Days parade which starts at the Middle School at 601 4th St NW. We are the 13th unit, so if you plan to march, please arrive by 2:45pm and line up! - Those volunteering at the Beer Mile will join as soon as we can!
- Monday 6pm - The Monday Maniacs are heading to the Tap House. What a great location for some downtown and bike path running, followed by a chance to get up on the Roof Top! - Join in the fun!
- Monday 6pm: TerraLoco continues their $5 charity 5k series! This is such a great service to the community! All you need to do is show up at TerraLoco and donate $5 to the current week's charity! Then run your 5K and meet others like you!
- Tuesday 6:15pm - The Tuesday Trail crew is heading to Lost Creek Trail for some fun! See the details below provided by Dan & Lonna.
- We'll do the point to point (about 6 miles) Lost Creek trail near Chatfield. Come run with us and wish Rose well on her new adventures in life! Meet at Groen park (turn right off of 52 if coming from Rochester at the only stoplight in Chatfield and watch for the park on your left) and we'll caravan/carpool out to the trailhead. Also a great preview forhttp://www.zapevent.com/
reg/event/10963 coming up August 13th!
- Tuesday 9:30pm: I have every reason to believe theirs a night time run taking place from the trail-head of the Douglas trail. (located along Valley High Dr between IBM and the Postal center. - Bring a headlamp for this one!
- Wednesday 6pm: Hope on the track in Byron for some speed! The tack is located at the Middle School at 601 4th St NW. I'm planning to make it this week, which means we'll get the benefit some some music from the stadium sound system!
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is at the Bears Den! - Home of the highly successful beer mile! Join us for a route of 3, 4 or 6 miles and come back for the social!