- Tuesday 6:15pm: Chester Woods park is the location! Join the trail crew for a romp around the park! Last week's event was reported as fanastic, despite a little snow coverage!
- Wednesday: The previously scheduled hill workout has been cancelled due to weather conditions making it unlikely to have an effective workout.
- Wednesday 6pm: With the Hill workout called off, we could add a group run in Byron from the Bears Den. Join us at 6pm for 3 , 4 or 6 miles... and a post run social.
- Thursday 6:30am: Speed work at the indoor track of RCTC. Under current rules, the track is open for running only 6am-8am weekdays, and 7pm-10pm weekend nights. It is available for walking on week nights from 5pm-10pm.
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is at the home of Tod & Meg for the annual Inappropriate T-shirt! Their home is located at 8431 14th St NW Byron. Don't have an inappropriate t-shirt you can still order one, create your own or borrow one! Our hosts are providing homemade soup, beer and wine. Prizes for best shirts too! Bring a dish to share if you like.
A couple of Ugly Sweater Events are coming up!
- December 13th 7pm - Ugly Sweater Bowling in Byron! We can even bring our own food... but no crock pots or anything to plug in. - If you're on Facebook you can join the event posted by Adam in the Team R.E.D. facebook page. If you're not, and you're planning to join the fun, please send an email to Adam so he can have a head count (and enough lanes available. Adam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 14th - Ugly Sweater 5K in LaCrosse... See Gwen if you'd like to get connected with a Carpool. You can reach Gwen via email at email@example.com The group had a lot of fun at this event last year, and have decided to do it again! See details and register at the following link.https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ugly-sweater-5k-runwalk-rotary-lights-tickets-14158872569
What is the Winter Series? It's a series of 3 races... and even if you missed the first one, you can still get involved with the next two. The series is scored taking your best times from 2 of the 3 races. That means, anyone can still win! - if you want to register for one or both of the next two, you can do so at http://www.tritonmultisports.com/TritonEvents.html
Several Team R.E.D. members are taking part in the series and I've listed their position below... Need to finish in the top 3 of your age group to win one of the great prizes. It may be fun to watch how it plays out the next two races. Complete results can be found at http://mayotiming.weebly.com/
- Age 21-25
- 1st Eric Klein 3rd Megan Burke
- Age 26-30
- 2nd Frank Suera
- Age 31-35
- 3rd Olivier Tobin 1st Marisa Vaughn
- 9th Dave Gutekunst
- Age 36-40
- 5th Sarah Chapman
- Age 46-50
- 1st Tom O'Leary 6th Wendy O'Leary
- Age 51-55
- 1st Tom Woo 1st Sonja Kranz
- 2nd Shaun Palmer 2nd Lorelei Hanson
- 4th Amy Anshus
- 5th Jean Murray
- 6th Julie Colvin
- Age 55-60
- 1st Gwen Jacobson
- 2nd Cathy Torgersen
- 5th Sue Meyers
- Age 61 & Up
- 1st Place Roger Heil
Here's a fun link I received from Paul Thomford... it shows Lance Armstrong competing in a beer mile with several talented athletes.... Lance taps out! I suppose that's better than puking? No! No it's not! http://chicago.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/lance-armstrong-taps-out-after-first-lap-of-a-beer-mile/