Ahhhh... so it's a bit chilly in the wind, let's stay after it! Here's a look at the week ahead... as is the norm, it's a busy one, and remember, this week ends with a fun charity event! The Underwear One-Mile... with post party at the Bears Den Ice Bar!
Monday 6pm: Dooley's is the "Hot Spot". I'm sure we'll consider wind direction before we pick a route, then off we'll go! Of course, we'll come back to warm up in the comfy confines of Dooley's Pub.
Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail crew is winding through Eastwood park in Rochester. The park is just east of RCTC at 3230 Hwy 14 East. Meet at the main lot, near the softball field.
Wednesday 5:15pm: The Hill crew is staying strong! Gather at Edina Realty near TJ Maxx and work it!
Thursday 6am: Get your speed rolling at the indoor track of RCTC. We know the surface will be dry, so you can really crank it! Bring an extra pair of shoes to change into when you reach the track, no wet shoes allowed from outside.
Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. hits the Bears Den for another great evening. Oh, you will be able to choose a run or walk option before settling inside for some social time.
Friday 6:30pm: The Underwear One-Mile for Join the Journey! Race day registration is at Byron MarketPlace and the post race party is at the Bears Den. We can use more runners to help us raise funds while having a blast! Additionally, we can use more volunteers! You can volunteer, make a donation or register for the event by following this link http://form.jotform.us/form/43033119024138
- Dec 13th 9:30am: The 2nd race in the 3-race Winter 5K Series. If you missed the first one, there's still time to get involved and still a chance to place in the top 3 of your age group to win some of the great prizes! In the series, you drop the slowest of your three 5K's, and your are scored based on your top two times. So, even if you missed one, you can still win! You can register at TerraLoco.
- Dec 13th 5-6:30pm'ish: A pre-bowling party at Tod & Megs at 8431 14th St NW Byron. It's a great opportunity to finish some of the beer that didn't get finished at inappropriate t-shirt night
- Dec 13th 7-10pm: Team R.E.D. Ugly Christmas Sweater Bowling! The event takes place at Byron Lanes in Byron. We'd like to keep a headcount of who is planning to join us so we can let the bowling alley know for sure how many lanes we need. If you'd like to attend you can join the group via facebook or email Adam at atwalters2
- Dec 16th 6-8pm: TerraLoco Customer Appreciation Night! It's a 5K for Toys for Tots! They just ask for $5 for the charity 5Ks, but with this one, if you bring a toy you'll get a free pair of socks! Additioinally, they are giving away a boat load of prizes, providing beverages (both adult and kid friendly types), snacks, discounts and fun!
- Dec 20th: Team R.E.D. / Off Season Striders Annual Christmas Breakfast Run & Breakfast! Cousin Eddie has been working the details and I'm happy to let you know we'll be once again hosted by the wonderful team at Charlie's Pub & Eatery on 2nd Street in Rochester. The Team R.E.D. & Off Season Striders email distributions lists are being merged for the purpose of sending an evite to you all! When you see it, be sure to commit as space is limited!
- Dec 24th: A Christmas Eve morning run with brunch, and special guest Renee Saxman! Jean is hosting and additional details will come. Be sure to check back.
- Dec 31st 4pm: The 3rd of the Winter Series 5Ks! Again at Soldiers Field, with an award ceremony and open bar at Twigs to follow.
- Jan 3rd - The Rochester Track Club's annual Prediction Run and Lunch at Gloria Dei Church in Rochester. This is a race that anyone can win! The person predicting the closest t their actual finish time wins, so you do not need to be the fastest for this one!
- Jan 31st - The Wilder Foot Race - a 20 mile unsupported gravel road race starting in Spring Valley. Several Team R.E.D. members are planning on this one, let's make a winter party of it! To register you just need to send an email to Dustin at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know you'd like to enter the race (there is no charge!) Tell him you'd like to run as part of Team R.E.D.'s team. You can see pictures of past years by visiting http://wilderfootraces.wordpress.com/
- By Jan 31st - Register for Return of the Robin 5K, 10K or Half Marathon by Jan 31st and receive Free Entry to the Music Festival which includes Hair Ball! The races and music fest are on March 28th.