Sunday, February 14, 2010

Press Release

It's only a matter of time before such big news as this hits the presses! So, I thought I'd share it here before you read it someplace else.

************************************************

Breaking News
Associated Press
02-14-10

On this 14th day of February, Two Thousand and Ten, having finally achieved my life long dream of beating Tom Woo in a race of any distance (never mind that this was his 2nd race in 2 days), I, Tom SLO'Leary officially retire from road racing, auto racing, hot air balloon racing, go-kart racing, downhill ski racing, horse racing and any other form of racing that comes to mind. However, I'm still in for another trip to Living History Farms!

Having announced this retirement, I will continue in my role with Team R.E.D.(Run. Eat. Drink) less the R portion. Thank you.

Tom O'

**************************************

On a side note: The Lace Up Against Breast Cancer Half Marathon & 5K had a fantastic turnout! Several Team R.E.D. members were spotted both running & volunteering! The list includes (I hope I don't miss anyone) Tom W., Casey, Bri, Chris O, Paul M., Shelly M, Renee S, Randy, Wally, Lana, Wendy and myself. Also spotted were a few people who have run with Team RED in Byron on occasion, but not yet joined Mike, Roger & Dalene.

The pics in the above slideshow are courtesy of Tom Woo & Jim Li... Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment