- Saturday 7:15am: The Marathon & Half Marathon Training runs start from the Rochester Athletic Club aka RAC. You do not need to be a member of the training class, nor do you have to be a member of the RAC. In fact, you don't have to be a member of any club to join these group runs. Please bring $1 donation each week to help cover the cost of Gatorade & Bananas provided at aid stations on these long runs.
- Saturday 6:15am: Pre-loading This first run of the training plan is about 8 miles.. so if you'd like to get more, you can join a group that is pre-Loading. They are starting from the RAC at 6:15am to get a little extra mileage and will circle back to the RAC to join the rest of the group.
- Lin is always seeking volunteers for the water stops that support these group runs, so if you, or a family member are interested in volunteering please do so.. kids can help too (they really like doing things like waterstops!) -- If you're available, please contact Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we don't have enough volunteers there is a high likelihood we'll be running endless loops around the RAC.
- Sunday 8am: The Off Season Striders are heading to Panera South. There's great access to the trail, and away we go! NOTE: There are a few people pre-loading for this run too. They will start at 7am and come back to meet the 8am crew.
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are heading to Wild Bills for a run, walk or jog. We'll have someone available for all paces... Can't make it at 6pm.. come around 7pm and join us for the social.
- Tuesday 5:30pm: Team R.E.D. heads for the hills! Meet at the Edina Realty parking lot near TJ Maxx and enjoy the hill repeats.
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Trail Crew is heading to Bill Barnacle Woodland. This is a fun place to snowshoe, hike or run - this weeks options are likely snowshoe or hike! Meet at the BP in Marion (the township of Marion, located on Hwy 52 and just south of I-90). A carpool / caravan will head to the woodland from there, as the parking may be limited at Bill Barnacle in the winter time.
- Wednesday - Ash Wednesday - No scheduled workout unless someone contacts me to say they'd like to lead one.
- We do have a new location for the Progressive Runs - so they will return.
- Thursday 6am: Speed work on the track at the RCTC field house! Get your speed on, and learn from the master of speed!
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. heads to the Bears Den in Byron. Expect to hear options of 3, 4 or 6 miles and pick your distance! Come check out the newly decorated Team R.E.D. corner, now complete with the Beer Mile Champions, Bucket Award Winners, Tee Shirts and Melby!
Friday, February 13, 2015
Keep it rolling.. spring is just around the corner! Check out all the group opportunities coming up this week!
Posted by Team R.E.D. at Friday, February 13, 2015