|Winners Winners Chicken Dinners!|
|Elaine, Ann, Teri and Dawn present the Team R.E.D. shirt to Becky!|
|Dance moves on the track! (sound system provided by Mesenburg music!)|
|I see the guys forced Jess to the outside lane.. nice move!|
|Steve, Dave, Marley, Ann, Heidi, Wendy, Elaine, Mike, Claire, Sarah and Mike|
On to the next few days of opportunities....
- Saturday 7:15am: This is the last of the long runs from the RAC for the spring marathon season. Scheduled at 14.1 miles. You can see the route at the following link. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6303863
- Saturday 8:45am: The Lost Creek Trail Run in Chatfield has always been a fun run.. welll, I ran into Race Director Jen today and she said, it's big time this year, as they added age group awards, along with special recognition for anyone who completes teh 6.3 miles in less than an hour. Race Day registration begins at 7:30am. You can learn more by visiting the following link http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=544
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders are heading to Panera South for a group run.. join the fun!
- Sunday Oxbow Run? - I haven't heard a confirmation of this event, and I know several of the usual suspects are at the Superior Trail races this weekend. If anyone is planning a group run at Oxbow or any local trail, please let me know and I'll update this space.
- Sunday 1-4pm: The 9th Annual Roll & Stroll for JDRF takes place at Soldiers Field. The walk or run kicks off at 1pm... with games, silent auction, music and fun taking place for the whole family until about 4pm. We'd love to see you there if you can make it!
- Wendy and I are proud that we took up this challenge with some other volunteers 9 years ago... in the first 8 years, we've raised more than $500,000 for research! Last year alone was $114K! Megan created another slideshow this year demonstrating why we are passionate about this effort. You can see it on facebook, or follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzBulAMv_E
- Monday 6pm: The Monday Maniacs are running from Broadway Pizza in Rochester. We'll hop onto a bike trail and log some miles! Come back for some relaxation on the bar side.
- Tuesday 6pm: The Trail crew is heading to Bill Barnacle woodlands... it's a fun little tucked away spot just south of Rochester. Meet at 6pm at the BP in Marion for a car pool / caravan. That's the BP in Marion (the community along hwy 52 South)... not to be confused with Marion road.
- Tuesday 6pm: TerraLoco's weekly 5K continues! Just $5 to participate and there's a local charity benefiting from it! Very nice work!
- Wednesday 5:45pm: The speed work is on the Byron Track again this week. The track is located behind the middle school on 4th street. The plan going into the summer is to rotate track between Byron and Rochester in a way to have a Wednesday in Byron on weeks that Thursdays RED is in Rochester... and have Wednesday in Rochester on weeks that have Thursdays RED in Byron. - Should work nicely to keep a balance, and maximize participation!
- Thursday 6pm: Team RED is heading to Rochester... I have put out 4 choices on a poll along the right hand side of the blog. You can vote until Monday night, then I'll close the poll and post the result! Where do you want to run from? Brothers Bar & Grill? Roosters Barn & Grill? WildWood Bar & Grill? Other? - if you select other, please go to the bottom of this post, and add a comment as to your suggestion. Whoever said this club is a dictatorship?
Team R.E.D. Volunteers Needed for the Team RED booth and Post Race Party at the Med City Marathon weekend! Wendy has built a volunteer spot registration process (volunteerspot is all the rage lately!) Follow the directions below to volunteer... keep in my, our theme is Summer Of Love, Hippy it up!
Please sign up for Med City Expo/Post Party - here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
If you want to volunteer in a role outside of the expo booth and post race party.. check out the opportunities here as they are still looking for helpers! http://www.activeptandsports.com/volunteer-for-the-2014-med-city-marathon/