I stole the image below from Joe... it's Paul's finish time at Lake Wobegone Marathon as he reached his dream of becoming a Boston Qualifier. His memory lives through us.... be good to each other.
Paul would be proud of everything that is happening in this club! You are rocking it! The next few days are full of fun! Before we get to that... here are a few pics from this week.
Team R.E.D. Metro is building.. they got out for a Tuesday evening of fitness & fun! We do have a growing number of members in the Metro area, so you will be seeing some updates as to 'what's up Metro!"
The Trail crew got out to Millville (which is always super fun!). I'm only guessing they didn't spend much time in the creek, as it's chilly this time of year!
|Go Trail Crew!|
Here's what's still coming this week and weekend! Due to time constraint, I'm simply re-posting the update from a previous post. There are details coming for volunteering at the Team RED expo booth and post race party.. really, those details are coming!
- Wednesday 5:45pm: Speed work is on the track in Byron. Located behind the middle school at 601 4th St NW in Byron.
- Reminder: This is the same location for the 3rd Annual Donut Run to be held on Friday may 30th! This is an event that has one goal in mind... Have Fun! Check out the following link for more information as to how it works, and of course to register online. http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=558&TM=45898.39
- Thursday 6pm: See us at the Bears Den in Byron for 3, 4 or 6 miles... followed by a little Eat. Drink. at the Den.
- Thursday 6pm: Peg & Wally are having a Med City marathon packing stuffing event at A Childs Kingdom at 1621 N Broadway in Rochester. Food and Beverages provided! Bring your family or friends, the more the merrier!
- Friday 6pm: The Stay out of the Sun run is hitting it's 9th year! It's a very successful fundraiser for melanoma research, and an opportunity to promote awareness of the dangers of sun exposure. For more information, and how to register go to the following link. http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=497
- Saturday 7:15am: The Marathon & Half Marathon training runs continue from the RAC. Come out and enjoy a long run with several others!
Best wishes for those heading to the Superior Trail races. It's a big group! You all got this! Also, wishing good training for those preparing for the Green Bay Marathon or Half coming up next weekend!
Additionally, Sunday the 18th is the 9th Annual Roll & Stroll for JDRF. Please consider stopping by Soldiers Field to make a donation, walk or run, listen to some music and/or just say Hi!