Saturday, September 10, 2011

Congrats Racers!

Many members were seen racing at the Harvest Classic this morning.  Congrats in particular to Dave as he was the male winner in the 5K.    We'll get you more results as they come in... including some members up in the Twin Cities, and Joe Ryan competing in his first IronMan! 

Many other Team R.E.D. members were spotted on the marathon long run today, logging distances anywhere from 16 to 25 miles!  Nice work all!

Sunday opportunities include...

9/11 memorial run at 6:30am:  See the details from Emily. 
Hi Team R.E.D.--I know there is already a lot of running activities going on this weekend, but thought I'd throw yet another option out there! A few friends and I are planning on a 9/11 memorial run...we are running 9.11 miles and the route takes the shape of the twin towers! Here is the route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5069871 We are leaving at 6:30a.m. from the soldier's field golf course parking lot if you would like to join. The more the merrier :) I am running bear water run the day before, so my planned pace is sllllllow :) Let me know if you're interested...if a lot join, I'll try to have a water stop set up at the 1/2 way point for everyone.
Off Season Strider's 7:30am:  This is a fun group that will gather at Panera South for an 8-12 mile run. 
Sunday Night Hike:  There is typically a hike at 6pm from the 1st bridge at Oxbow Park, north of Byron, I haven't received confirmation as to who is planning to attend... (so it's a go at your own risk type hike!)..

No comments:

Post a Comment