Thursday, April 15, 2010

Recognition

Sounds like it was a nice turnout for Team R.E.D. at the Bears Den this evening.  I'd like to thank Paul for handling the 'route talk' while I was slacking off at the Triton Track meet.   fyi... the Byron Boys were once again dominant, and the girls very strong!   I've had the privilege of working with our distance team, and they are solid young runners and fantastic young people! Go Bears!

Since I wasn't there, I'm afraid I have no pictures to post from R.E.D.   However, we did receive this certificate in the mail today.   You should all be proud to be promoting a healthy lifestyle!  The fact you get out and run and walk, motivates others.   Additionally, the volunteer work you do in and out of the racing community is fantastic!  Congratulations!  


I would not be myself if I didn't add, there is a Pancake Feed at the Bears Den this Saturday, April 17th, from 7am - 10:30am.   As mentioned before, the Bears Den is being very generous and donating the proceeds to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).    Also, while at the Bears Den you can purchase a JDRF "Sneaker" for $1... sign your name and add it to the Wall of Fame!

For those of you who have ever trained for a marathon, you understand, getting in your long run is a big deal.  There is a group of runners, many Team R.E.D. members, that have found a way to work a 20 miler into the Pancake Feed!     They may be crazy, but we think it's awesome and sure appreciate the support and creativity it took to make this happen.... even the name of the run has a nice ring to it! 

CUPCAKE CHEESECAKE BEEFCAKE PANCAKE 20 mile Run for JDRF

No comments:

Post a Comment