Below is info on the Camp Olson 1 mile.. the HammerTime Pig Roast.. and a few other fun items!
- Friday 6pm: The 2nd Annual Camp Olson YMCA Rochesterfest Mile! This event kicks off just prior to the start of the Parade, and you'll have a chance to run or walk in front of thousands of spectators! The event raises funds for camp scholarships... come be part of something good, and something fun! For more details you can visit https://www.facebook.com/events/393221430818534/ or contact Shaun Palmer
- Saturday 7am: The marathon / half marathon long runs are on! The longer of the two runs appears to be 10 miles this week. You do not need to be a member of the training program to take part, they simply ask that you bring $1 to help cover the cost of Gatorade/bananas and what not... yes.. they have aid stations! It's a great way to train!
- Saturday 9am: Get Your Rear in Gear.... If you have a Team Jean shirt this is the time to put it on! Gastfield raced with that shirt at the Grandmas 5K... and he looked great!
- Saturday 9am: The Insane Inflatable 5K is going on at Gamehaven! Team R.E.D. has a crew going in the 9am wave... the pics of this event look incredible! There are still openings to register.. and I would bet, you could register for one wave (and I didn't say this).. sneak in the Team RED wave.....
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders head out from Brothers Bar & Grill... this is typically a 5-8 mile run (but you can always do what you want!). Park behind the bar and gather for the route talk before heading out for the fitness!
- Saturday Afternoon/Evening: HammerTime Pig Roast-- a Summer Tradition
When: June 28th, 2014 - Pig will be ready to eat about 6 pm but come as early as 4p to hang out, eat appetizers and enjoy drinks.
Why: To enjoy a whole pig roasted by Rachel and KP Hammer, and, for Charity.
How: Bring canned goods, toiletries or money to donate to either Channel One Food Bank or Salvation Army Women's Shelter. We'll also have a table for vegetarian options and sides, so if you're in the mood to share a special plate or dessert or a bevvie all your own, please do! (Not required!)
- Sunday 8am: Trail run at Oxbow Park.. meet at the first bridge (otherwise known as 2nd parking lot on your left as you enter).