Monday, August 2, 2010

Oxbow Hike

The Nepstads & O'Leary's got out Sunday evening for a hike at Oxbow. This was my first time participating in quite some time. That's one solid workout! The group plans to continue to meet on Sunday's and hike, as long as the weather permits (even discussion of hiking through the winter). Be sure to watch the blog for times and meeting locations... and join when you can!


Enhanced by Zemanta

My Thanks to the Nepstads for finding my camera at the Oxbow parking lot!  I had apparently set it up the side of my truck, and drove away.. they found it and returned it, in working order... whew!

******************************************

Tuesday, August 3rd, I have the opportunity to join Mr. (Jim) Parry on his Endurance Challenge. Mr. Parry will be running on a treadmill from 5am to 10pm at the YMCA. It's in an effort to raise money for the Y's Strong Kid's campaign. I'll be running on the treadmill next to him from 4:45pm to 5:15pm. If you are in the neighborhood, stop in and say hi!...

You can learn more, or learn how to contribute by visiting the following link, or you could make a contribution in person by stopping by the Y during this challenge, or dropping off your donation with me and I'll take it along during my 30 minute stint on the treadmill: http://mrparrysendurancechallenge.blogspot.com/


Jim Mason's weekly trail run group is planning to Hit the Y at 6:15pm Tuesday in support of Mr. Parry as well!  If you can join them.. please do!   You can keep track of the Tuesday Trail group by visiting http://chesterwoodstrailrun.blogspot.com/

*************************************

I fully suspect there will be a Hill/Track workout Tuesday evening as well.  I'll post those details as I learn them.  I'm also suspecting we'll do a Wednesday morning Progressive run, those details will following as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment