Here's a look at the week ahead...
- July 16, Sunday 7am: Off Season Striders roll out of Newts North along Hwy 52. Join the crew and log some morning miles!
- July 16, Sunday 8am: The Nut House Half Marathon at Soldiers Field! - If you're not registered, stop down and cheer on some teammates!
- July 17, Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are heading to Dooley's in Downtown Rochester. Also a fun location to explore, and of course, the post run is fun too!
- July 18, Tuesday 6pm: All comers meet on the track at Soldiers Field. - Get the kids out there.. and Gwen would love to have more volunteers! See volunteer opportunities in the section following the schedule.
- July 18, Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail crew is hitting up the beautiful overlooks of Great River Bluff State Park. Join the group, get some miles and enjoy the sights of this great park!
- July 18, Tuesday 9pm: The Night Owls continue to tear up the Douglas Trail. Gather at the parking lot of the trailhead along Valley High (next to IBM).
- July 19, Wednesday 5:30pm: If you want to have a speed session on the Byron Track, you'll need to start early! There's an All comers meet this week, so we would need to be off the track about 6:15/6:20 timeframe.
- July 19, Wednesday 6:30pm: All Comers Meet on the Byron Track. - Bring your kids, nieces and nephews!
- July 20, Thursday 7pm: The Beer Mile! This is the 5th Annual and we're celebrating with an 80's Theme! Get yourself geared up for the fun!
- If you're not sure about running the event, remember, you can volunteer, or participate in the 0.0 Beer Mile - that consists of free beer, zero miles, a 0.0 sticker for your car, and a bottle opener medal! And to top it off.... you're still donating to the cause!
- Race day registration is available starting at 5:30pm at the Bears Den, but please consider pre-registering, that helps us alot! - you can register at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/12943/beer-mile-5th-annual
- July 22, Saturday 7am: The Marathon and Half Marathon training runs from the Rochester Athletic Club. This run is supported with aid stations and wonderful volunteers! If you need some miles, this is a great time to get them!
- July 22, Saturday 8am: Byron Good Neighbor Days 5K and 2.5K at the Middle School in Byron. Race day registration starts at 7am, but again, please consider pre-registering at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/12942/byron-good-neighbor-days-races
- July 22, Saturday 8am: The Rochester Track Club Women's 4 Mile Run/Walk. You can get more information, or register by visiting http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=969
- July 23, Sunday 2:25pm: FREE Kids 1 Mile! Team R.E.D. Sponsors this event, providing Free Entry for all kids! - They'll run along the parade route and receive a medal at the finish! Bring your kids, or consider volunteering!
- July 23, Sunday 3pm: Team R.E.D. is marching in the Parade for Byron Good Neighbor Days! - The more the merrier and the parade will be followed by a social in the O'Leary's back yard - Beer & Water provided - more details to come.
July 18, Tuesday - All-Comers Meet at Soldiers Field. Events start at 6pm - If you can volunteer drop her an email at gwenjacobson
July 19, Wednesday - All-Comers Meet at the Byron Track. Events start at 6:30, so we'd like to see you by 6:15pm - so if you'd like to volunteer, please email me at email@example.com
July 23, Sunday - Free Kids 1 Mile - we can use some people at the turn around point and also some to help hand out medals!