|Here's to many years of happiness!|
|Dana looking amazing surrounded by people seeking free food! - Left to Right front - Beth, Dana, Janelle, Claire - Left to right back - Cindy, Brian, Shane|
Nice job on the run last night... I think I'm still sweating! Here's a look at the weekend and into next week.
- Saturday 7am: Marathon and Half Marathon Training is ramping up! - This week's routes from the Rochester Athletic Club are 15 for the full, and 7 for the half. There are 3 aid stations on the 15 miler. You can check out the route posted by Jim Li at http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7098885
- Many thanks to the volunteers who work the aid stations... it's awesome! If you are interested in volunteering you can contact Lin Gentling at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday is also the Go For the Gold 5K & 3K - this is a very well run event, and it raises great funds for Brighter Tomorrows! - http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=977&TM=41100.64
- Sunday 7am: The Off Season Striders are heading to Charlies Pub located in the Hillcrest Shopping Center at 1654 Hwy 52 North frontage road. Join the run and stay for the morning social!
- Monday 6pm: The Monday Maniacs are hitting up the wonderful patio at Whistle Binkies North - there are many routes to take from there, a nice hill climb is followed by a great downhill! Get your miles, and stick around for the social!
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail crew keeps it rolling... this time with a home host from Jim & Deb! - Thanks for the invite! - They are located at 4801 Cty Rd 24 NE, Eyota MN.
- We'll do some miles on the private trails at Jim & Deb's. There may even be a river crossing of the North Branch of the Whitewater very near it's source. After the run we will gather in Deb's yard for social time. There probably will be a bon fire in the back yard. Bring something to grill just in case!
- Tuesday 9pm: The Night Owls are changing up the starting point. Join us at the trail head located in Douglas, and after the run, the fun moves to the Douglas Saloon and Social Club!
- Wednesday 6pm: It's speed night on the track in Byron. Last week, a small but strong group ran 400M repeats with 200M recovery. - We discuss the workout each Wednesday night.. if the plan fits for you, join in, if not, you can certainly do your own thing.
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. has an open Home Host Date this Thursday 7/13. If you're interested in hosting please let us know... it's a fun way to get casual with the social! - because everything else we do is so formal! - I'll update the plan for Thursday by the end of the weekend, if no home host, no worries - we'll find a fun place to gather!
Going the Extra (26.2) Miles to Help Curb Suicide Among Vets