Sunday 7:30am: The Off Season Striders get their steps from Dunn Bros. on Elton Hills. Easy access to the trail system, and great chatter over coffee afterwards!
Monday 6pm: The Monday Maniacs are getting off their asphalt and heading to Oxbow Park. Meet at the 1st Bridge parking lot (2nd lot on your left as you enter the park). Remember, you can run or hike at Oxbow! Bring your favorite post workout drink or food!
Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail Crew has it going on at Whitewater State Park. Meet at the Beach Parking lot along Hwy 74 - bring your recovery beverage and food, there will be a bonfire upon complete of the run or hike!
Tuesday 9pm: The Night Owls are keeping their feet moving at West Silver Lake Park. A great location to relax after the miles as well. Bring your own recovery fuel!
Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is at the Bears Den in Byron. According to Cindy, it's likely to be 70 and Sunny! Let's get out for a group run or walk, and share our July 4th stories!
Here's a look at the upcoming races for July... it includes a brand new July 4th event!
- July 4th: The Freedom 5K makes it's debut in the race scene in Byron. The event is hosted by Anytime Fitness and is sure to be super fun! You cn register and get more details by visting https://runsignup.com/Race/MN/
- July 4th: The Summerfest Race takes place in Stewartville. Always a great event hosted by our Sheriff Kevin Torgerson. There's a 3 & 5 Mile run and they are spaced 1 hour apart, so you can indeed do both! http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=1044
- July 7th: Go For The Gold 5K & 3K at Silver Lake Pool - this great event benefits Bright Tomorrows and has leaders that you know, Jessica & Dan Feda, along with Kasey Kucker and others I'm sure! You can register or donate at http://www.goforthegoldrochester.com/ or register race day morning starting at 7:30am.
- July 14th / 15th: The Minnesota Nut House Challenge. You can run either 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, or nearly any combination! The schedule is as follows, and you can register at https://raceroster.com/events/2018/15791/2018-minnesota-nut-house-challenge using Promo Code: RADIO to receive 10% Off! (the combination of 5K / 10K is the Half Cracked - and doing all three races is Totally Nuts!)
- July 14th 8am - 10K
- July 14th 6pm - 5K
- July 15th 8am - Half Marathon
- July 19th: The Team R.E.D. Beer Mile! - The Championship Division meets the international rules of Beer Mile, while the Open Division will be just as you recall, using tap beer! Don't forget the Zero.Zero Spectator Pass! Register now and use Promo Code: RADIO for 10% Off! https://raceroster.com/events/2018/17386/beer-mile-6th-annual
- July 21st: Byron Good Neighbor Days 5K & 2.5K remains a staple of the Good Neighbor Days celebration. Join the fun on this fast course through the streets of Byron! https://raceroster.com/events/2018/17705/byron-good-neighbor-days-races
- July 21st: The Rochester Women's Race is a great 4 Miler for the ladies. Great prizes, refreshments and awards. Join the fun! Your online registration is free of fees! - $15 for track club members, $20 for non-members. http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=1033&SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&S=1
- July 22nd: The FREE Kids Mile in Byron! - This s part of the Byron Good Neighbor Day weekend and takes place along the parade route. The event is 100% Free - and every kid will receive an AWESOME medal.. like, really, it's a cheap "medal", but it says AWESOME! or NICE WORK! Register race day at the Middle School - race starts at 2:30pm and regstration opens at 2pm. Post race party (kids and adults alike, at the O'Leary's home!)
- July 28th: It's the Wabasha Days River Run - Several of our members who love the river, find themselves at this event! http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=1063&TM=72574.1