- I hereby declare, starting this Third day of May in the year Two Thousand and Fifteen, when speaking or writing about the distance of a walk, run or a race, Team R.E.D. members shall not precede the distance or pace with words such as "only", "just" or any other descriptors that may minimize the effort.
Let it be declared, each and every member is authorized to serve as judge and jury while calling out a violation of the Only/Just rule. Penalty for any violations during a Team R.E.D. gathering is assigned by the judge/jury up to, but not to exceed 10 push-ups. The team will help you count!
What a great weekend, including a wonderful turnout of Team R.E.D. members at the Spring Classic 15K & 5K!
I can't believe we didn't snap a team pic at this one! Of he 79 15K finishers, 30 of them were Team R.E.D.ers, including:
- Dan Feda, Joe Ryan, Ryan Diepenbrock, Tom O'Leary, Jen St Amand, Dan Leach, Dale Godbut, Dave Eide, Angela Eide, Larry Kleppe, Marv Misgen, Gwen Jacobson, Randy Price, Oliver Tobin, Marissa Vaughn, Lorelei Hanson, Julie Yost, Satish Selvaraju, Rick Devine, Rick Fishbune, Heidi Wallgren, Lana Lappi, Sonja Kranz, Cory Masen, Jean Murray, Cathy Torgerson, Troy Bellrichard, Kim Carpenter-Hakes, Gail Hakes, Scott Kranz!
- Matt Goens, Elaine Eide, Jill Cordes, Meg Bellrichard
Dozen of others were involved as volunteers! It's amazing the work you all do!
I hope I didn't miss anyone... please let me know if I did!
|Tom and Andy carbing up!|
|Dave (left) with friends.|
|Dale, Lorelei, Megan, Andy, Tom, Gwen & Dan celebrating last weeks workout - and celebrating Lorelei's Birthday!|
- 1600M warm up
- 1600M at 1 mile race pace.
- 2-4 lap recovery
- 1200M at 5K pace
- 400M recovery
- 800M at 5K pace
- 400M recovery
- 400M at Mile pace
- 1600M cool down
- That would equate a total of 5 miles for the workout, and 2.5 of it with some speed.
|Brian, Heather, Dale, Claire, Dan, Ryan, Marv, Tom, Dave, Sarah & Anna|
Remember to register for the Donut Run! It's coming up Friday May 29th at 6:30pm. The post race includes hot dogs, so this is a completely nutritious based event! - and it supports the Byron Cross Country Team! Please register at http://form.jotform.us/form/50926536282156
|Family fun for all!|