We had so much fun snowshoeing as a crew last Sunday... so we're planning to do it again this Sunday. See a few pics below.. awesome fun!
|The crew! (with Packers and Vikings squaring off in the middle!)|
|Wendy & Shane|
|Annette and Jess navigate a log crossing!|
|This crew found another way over the gully.|
Here's a quick look at the next few days!
- Saturday 7:30am: Off Season Striders are meeting at Brothers Bar & Grill in Rochester. Park in back and enter through the back door of Brothers for the route talk... unless it's 70 and sunny, then the route talk might take place in the parking lot!
- Saturday 10am: The 2nd Race of the Winter 5K Race series takes place at Soldiers Field. It's not to late to get in on the fun. The series is made up of 3 races, but even if you missed the first one it's ok, as you are scored based on the results of your top 2 races!
- This event includes a Kids Mile at 9:30am
- Packet Pickup is available at TerraLoco Friday from 4-6:30pm
- Race Day registration available until 9:15am
- Post Race events at Grand Rounds - 1/2 Price Drinks & Appetizers if you have your bib!
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders head to Dunn Bros North to get some miles in. Of course, join us back at the cafe for coffee and breakfast post run.
- Sunday 3:45pm: Snowshoeing at Oxbow Park! - Bring a headlamp as it will likely be getting dark before we finish! Meet at the 1st Bridge (the 2nd parking lot on your left as you enter the park).
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs will be out and about from Glynners Pub on North Broadway. We'll be able to hop on the trail, or run the neighborhoods. Of course, we'll come back for the social!
- Tuesday 6pm: There is not an official Charity 5K from TerraLoco this week, but people are welcome to group run from there none the less. Consider sharing on Facebook if you plan to go, and see if you pick up any joiners!
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail Crew is snowshoeing at Quarry Hill! - This is a fun place to hit the snow! - Meet at the parking lot near the tennis courts on the West side of the park.
Prize for best female and male sweater, and a prize for the Champion Bowler!
Cost this year will be $15.00 at the door. This will get a 4-some one pizza, one pitcher of beer, and 3 games of bowling. If you wish to eat or drink more it will be additional. No outside food allowed. Pre-loading (beer or food) will be at the Bears Den at your discretion. Post-loading or bragging will be at the Bears Den! Please RSVP asap as they need a head count. - RSVP via Facebook if you are a Facebook user - otherwise you can send Tom an email at email@example.com
We will have 3 (or more if needed) rounds of bowling, with the winning bowlers on each lane advancing until we have a Final 4 show-down.