Friday, May 27, 2011

Big weekend ahead!

Hey everyone!  We're about to head into yet another great weekend!   I know it's not lost on any of you, this weekend is about togetherness, fun, grilling, running, and most of all... remembering. 



Along with remembering and thanking our Veterans, we have one more to remember.


************************

On to the weekend with the Med City Marathon where Team R.E.D. plans to be out in force.. we have a pile of you volunteering!  Many others running!    The water stop should be a blast! Wendy and I have our outfits set for Summer of Love, and I've heard others have come up with their plan as well!    Crank up the music!  

************
Jim Parry has now completed 5 marathons in 5 consectutive days... today was a 4:44!   He says he's feeling better now, then he was days ago... sweet!  He'll marathon distance again Saturday, then bring on the real deal, at Med City Marathon (where he'll pace the 5:00 group).  -- I ran with him for 6ish miles today, and it was fun.  We ran past the intermediate school, and bunches of kids were outside chanting his name.   Then he ran a few laps around the school grounds with them!  One of his goals is to inspire, and it was clear to me, he's doing just that!  

I ran with Jim, Lee & Becky.. then as I was about to leave, two other women jumped in.   As far as I know, Thursday night, Mason, Hurricane, Hemenway, Dalene and Joy all ran with Jim!  Nice support all of you!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment