Friday, July 10, 2009

A good time!

Thanks for joining us last night... what a great group. Some of you failed to ring the bell on the stop sign near Oxbow, so your route was short, you should probably go back and finish the course.

We had some discussion on starting a weekly track workout. Please let me know if you're interested. We're trying to nail down the day of the week, and start time. More to follow.

Below is a link to some running tips, it covers many topics from Running Courtesy/Manners to Motivation to Ache/Pain prevention & recovery. #35 is one I never forget for longer races and training runs.

http://completerunning.com/archives/2006/09/12/100-beginner-running-tips/


Ten Things to Consider with your exercise program:

1. For every mile you jog, you add one minute to your life. This enables you, at the age of 85, to spend an additional five months in a nursing home at $5,000/month.
2. The only reason I took up jogging was to hear heavy breathing again.
3. I joined a health club last year, spending $400 in the process. I haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.
4. I have to exercise early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
5. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
6. The advantage to exercising every day is that you die healthier.
7. I have flabby thighs but fortunately my stomach covers them.
8. If you are going to take up cross-country skiing, it helps to start with a small country.
9. I don't jog; it makes me spill my milk shake.
10. Actually, I don't exercise at all. If we were meant to touch our toes, we would have them farther up on our body.

No comments:

Post a Comment