The Pancake Breakfast at the Bears Den was once again a success raising funds for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation! I thank all of you who participated, contributed or sent well wishes! A special thanks goes to Randy Q. as he staffs the water stop between Rochester & Byron for those making the trip to Pancakes! This is the 6th year of the fun, and probably the best weather we've had for it... let's plan on good weather from here on out!
Congrats to all the Boston Marathon Runners! Based on the results, and happy facebook pics, I would say it was very successful! A few Team R.E.D. members celebrated the entire journey from Hopkinton to Boston together.. what a great way to enjoy it!
Congrats to the Hot Chocolate runners as well, that looked like a sweet time! See what I did there? Sweet... get it? Chocolate.. Sweet..
Here's what I know, and what I think I know for the next week...
- Saturday 7:15am: The long run from the RAC is targeting approx 17.5 miles. You can check out the route each week by visiting http://runningrochester.blogspot.com/
- Preload A few are starting at 6:15am to get some extra miles and make it a 22-23 mile day. Join from the RAC and plan to do a loop, coming back to the RAC to catch the rest of the group by 7:15am.
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders will be out and about. I have not seen the location yet, but will update when available.
- Sunday 10am: Members of both Team R.E.D. Metro & Mothership are heading to Afton State park for a run and/or hike. Wendy and I are hiking, many others are running! Let's connect with the group from the north!
- Monday 5:30pm: The Hillbillies are meeting at Edina Realty and will head for the hills for repeats! This workout is one you can feel paying off right away, join in!
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are heading to Beetles on 2nd Street. This is a great location for the group to either catch a trail, or do some downtown running. Of course, enjoy a bowl of popcorn afterwards too!
- Tuesday 6pm: TerraLoco continues the 5K sereies for Charity. Stop by the store on Tuesday evenings and make a $5 contribution to participate.
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail Runners are heading to Chatfields Lost Creek Trail - Meet at Groens Park to get involved!
- Wednesday 6pm: Team R.E.D. track workout. Get your speed on the Byron Track located behind the Byron Middle School. No matter how fast you are, you'll never be more than 400M away from the team!
- Thuesday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is at the Bears Den and there's a Tap Takeover starting at 5pm! Boulevard Brewing will be on hand.. come early and preload if you like!