Also many thanks to our prize sponsors in TerraLoco. Needs' Carwash, Santa's on the Run, Med City Marathon, Donut Run and Beer Mile! - thanks to these sponsors, many participants received some wonderful prizes!
And finally.. many thanks to all of our Team R.E.D. sponsors as without them, we couldn't do any of this! Be sure to thank them, and visit their businesses! - you'll find links to their websites on the right hand side of the blog - Thank you!
Thanks to everyone who participated and volunteered!
|That stroller was decked out with Christmas Lights!|
|Janelle was our starter, and when she said "On your runners... this happened." - she claims she said "Undie Runners"|
|Cal led the race from start to finish! - Claire was the first woman to finish!|
|Four Baby Bumps|
|Dan back to defend his Golden Undie Title!|
|Wendy and Marilee attack the course... Marilee seems out of uniform.|
|Some of our wonderful volunteers pictured here.. Jill, Lance, Shannon are pictured, yet thanks also to Katie, Cory, Tom W, Sarah, Aaron, Janelle and Wendy for helping out!|
|Claire wins the woman's race with a time of 6:19! - She also wins a a complimentary renewal (and free Team R.E.D. shirt)!|
|Cal's first event with Team R.E.D. and he wins the race! Time of 5:43! - Cal wins a complimentary membership with Team R.E.D. - he also get's the shirt! - One more thing, he has already be held to the Just/Only rule and did 10 pushups!|
|Claire wins again! - This time Best Undies! - The judges felt she committed to the spirit of the event at the highest level!|
|Dan wins his 2nd title as Golden Undie winner - during the award presentation he was heard saying "Tom, my eyes are up here!"|
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders are rolling out from Panera South. The group will hit the Mayowood trail and have some fun! Come back for coffee and chatter!
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are heading to Wildwood for a great evening of running or walking! Join us, and come back for the social! - Wildwood is a nice location to hit some of the bike trail system.
- Tuesday 6pm: TerraLoco is hosting their charity 5K.. bring your $5 entry and a toy for Toys for Tots! In fact, this entire month you can donate to Toys for Tots at TerraLoco! - the first 150 people to bring a toy we receive some great technical socks!
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail Crew is heading to Indian Hills in Rochester. This spot is a fun spot.. yet it's tucked away. Visit the following link to see a map that will lead you there. (it's just a bit west of Broadway and a bit south of Elton Hills Drive). - there's a great over-look of Rochester from this location - especially fun at night! Address is 1800 Terracewood Drive NW http://foih.org/documents/FOIH_Brochure_April2015.pdf
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is going Christmas Caroling on the Run or Walk! What does that mean? It means we're doing good things! - See a bunch of notes below... we'll continue to add more details as we figure it out - as you know, some of our Team R.E.D. incredible'ness happens on the fly!
- We'll gather at 6pm at the Viking Lounge at 1630 South Broadway in Rochester and quickly review our Christmas Carols - We have two songs max (sometimes, if the crowd doesn't seem interested, we might stop at one!) - you can start practicing... Jingle Bells and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
- We ask that you bring a cash contribution of any amount -- $10, $20, $100, $1000 are all welcome (any amount is appreciated!)... and Team R.E.D. will make a contribution too. This creates our pool of cash to do good things.
- We have running and walking routes that take us to a couple of area restaurants. The routes are designed to have the walkers and runners all arrive approx the same time. We'll wait for everyone to arrive before we go in the restaurant.
- We enter the restaurant - sing our hit list - and then leave cash to pay for meals for some of the people dining. - we will do this until we're out of money!
- Out of money? Then we head back to the Viking Lounge and hope they don't also need money!
- We have reservations at the Vikings Lounge at 7pm.
- With the stops and a 7pm reservation.. I would anticipate the most miles will be approx 4.5 miles. - if you want more miles... please consider pre-loading or running a bit more after we have finished our good works!
- Wear something festive! - Santa hats! Jingle Bells! Ugly Sweaters! Pretty Sweaters! Whatever makes you feel festive!
- The Minnesota Vikings play at 7:30pm that night.. consider that a bonus!
- Thursday 7pm: TerraLoco is hosting a Men's Shopping Night. Beer, Pretzels and free gift wrapping! - Ladies, your job is to register, so your men know what to buy for you! https://www.facebook.com/events/1636188949982262/
- Saturday 8am: Santas On the Run! - Join this fun event... run in a santa suit, and then you get to keep that suit! Peg & Wally shared a free entry for this event at our Underwear Mile, very nice of them to share an entry to this fun! http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=797