What a busy, yet great week's it's been!
Thursday evening Christine from Join the Journey came to the Bears Den and received our donation of $940! Nice work Team R.E.D. -- They are very grateful for our ability to raise such a nice contribution!
Saturday morning was our Annual Team R.E.D. / Off Season Striders Christmas Run/Walk and Brunch at Charlies! Another great turnout this year.... Always fun and festive! The pic below was provided by Sarah S... and taken by Cousin Eddie a.k.a. Randy Q.
|7am at Charlies Eatery & Pub... Happy Holidays to all!|
The pics in the slide show were provided by Tom W.... As always, thanks for capturing the team so well!
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs is going Caroling on the Run with a Dash & Pay Theme! What's that mean?
- It means wear something festive and meet us at Cowboy Jacks at 1625 South Broadway in Rochester.
- We'll go for a Run (walk if you prefer)... and while doing so we'll pop into a couple of area restaurants, sing a couple of easy Christmas Songs. By easy I mean like Jingle Bells and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
- When we finish,we'll pay for some of the patrons meals and then dash out of the restaurant!
- Please bring a cash contribution for the Pay & Dash. Any amount is welcome, but if it helps you decide, the most contributions last year were in the 10-20 dollar range.
- Tuesday 2pm: There are a couple of people doing a hill workout mid afternoon on Tuesday. All are welcome. Gather at Edina Realty near TJ Maxx.
- Wednesday 7:30am: There's an Off Season Striders Christmas Even morning run and/or walk. Followed by breakfast hosted by Jean & Amy at Jean's home located at 515 17th St SW Rochester. Long time friend Renee will be joining us!
- There is an evite for this event.. please RSVP if you're planning to attend, as that will help the food planners! If you did not receive the evite,but are interested, please drop Jean an email at runintojean
- Saturday 7:30am: Off Season Striders are heading out from Brothers Bar & Grill.. plan on 5-7 miles, unless you want more or less! That's the beauty.. you get a group, and still can do what works best for you! - join us for a breakfast, coffee or beer post run!
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders do it again, this time from Panera South. Again a chance to run with people... and a post run social!
- Tuesdays Trails: The regularly scheduled Trail runs will not be held Dec 23th & Dec 30th. They are anticipated to resume on January 6th. Unless we have a good dose of snow, then those trail runs will likely become snow shoe events!
- Tuesday TerraLoco: The regularly scheduled 5Ks from TerraLoco wil not be held Dec 23rd & Dec 30th. They are anticipated to resume on January 6th.
- Wednesdays Hills: The regularly scheduled Hill workouts will not be held Dec 24th & Dec 31st. They are anticipated to resume on January 7th.
- Thursday Speed: The regularly scheduled morning indoor track workouts will not be held Dec 25th & Jan 1st. They are anticipated to resume on Jan 8th.
- Thursday R.E.D. - There will be no scheduled run and/or walk on Christmas Day. We'll be back at the Bears Den on Jan 1st.
- Dec 31st 4pm - The last of the 5K winter series at Soldiers Field. It wraps with a post race party at the Evergreen Room of the Centerstone Hotel (connected to Twigs). Lots of prizes to be awarded! Cash bar available as well. You can register for this race at TerraLoco or online at http://www.active.com/rochester-mn/running/distance-running-races/winter-5k-race-series-new-year-s-eve-race-only-2014?int
- Jan 1st - Register by Jan 1 for Return of the Robin 5K, 10K or Half Marathon and receive FREE entry to the Hairball Concert on the evening of the races... March 28th! More info and registration found at the following link http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Robin-Run-Early-Registration-Deadline-Aproaching.html?soid=1116213205572&aid=QLjzVIl32rE
- Jan 3rd 10am - The Polar Bear Predict Your Time 5K. This event is one that anyone can win! The person who most closely predicts their time for the 5K without going faster than predicted, WINS! - The event is just $15 (10 bucks if you're a RTC Member). You can register race day at Gloria Dei Luthern Church in Rochester, or online by visiting http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=680