|Ann receives The People's Choice - Team R.E.D Champion Award!|
|Dan receives The People's Choice - Team R.E.D. Champion Award (and Roger oversees the ceremony)|
|Gwen receives The People's Choice - Most Inspiring Award!|
|Tom receives The People's Choice - Most Inspiring Award!|
|Tom giving Tom bunnie ears... appears it was painful!|
The Rochester Track Club also held an awards Banquet on Saturday Night.. I know Jim Li and Tom Woo were honored at the event. I'll share the details, when I have the full story, as I was unable to attend the banquet myself.
What's coming up this week?
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are taking off from the Tap House, which also means, they are returning to the Tap House! Join us for a run and/or walk... then stay for the social!
- New this week, Dan is pacing a group of Walkers and people who wish to group run, but would plan on a pace of 12/min miles or greater. If you've been considering coming to Team R.E.D. but have been worried about keeping up, consider Monday night for a first visit to the Team!
- Any time we know we have a leader for this pace group, I'll share it with the weekly updates.
- Here's a link to a story about the value of walking - I had referenced this story in a previous post, but for some reason it's gone! Some of you may know the Mayo Clinic Doc appearing in the story. http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/new-study-finds-lack-exercise-deadlier-obesity-n287091
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Trail Crew is heading to Whitewater State Park... it's always fun there! Meet at the parking lot near the Nature Store... Snowshoeing is the plan, with libations at Mauer Bros after the workout!
- Tuesday 5:30pm: The Hill Workouts return! These are typically on Wednesdays, but this week it needed to move to Tuesday. Meet at Edina Realty near TJ Maxx and get into the hills... up, down, up, down....
- Thursday 6am: Speed work on the indoor track of RCTC! One way to get fast, is to run fast! Always bring a dry pair of shoes to change into once inside the field house, as wet shoes are not allowed on the track.
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. heads to Wildwood Bar & Grill in Rochester. We'll do our typical options in the ranges of 3, 4 or 6 miles.. and come back for the happy hour specially extended just for us! Two for One until 7:30pm.
- The weekend will certainly have some Off Season Strider options... the locations have not yet been revealed. Plan on 7:30am Saturday and 8am Sunday!
|With warmer Temps the Turnout was strong at Off Season Striders!|
|Claire speeds to the lead, with Gwen and Teri following closely.|