Congrats go to KP for completing his 1st 50K! I don't think it was his plan when he started, but it was his accomplishment when he finished!
More congratulations are in order for Ramsey... he PR'd in a half marathon a week ago, and now again this week! Back to back PR's.. and they were like 4-5 minute improvements each time!
Also Amazing... Team R.E.D. is sponsoring 3 youth participants into the Purple Stride this year! Check out below to find a link to the event if you'd like to participate.
There are so many people achieving great things.. it's awesome to see! Let me know if you know a member who has run a new distance, or achieved a PR... I am simply going by what I either know first hand, or learn via some form of communication.. like talking to each other! or.. more simple forms of communication, like Facebook. Kidding, kidding, I'd rather talk to each other!
Here's a look at this week's schedule...
- Monday Maniacs start in about 45 minutes! If you're reading this before 6pm on Monday, head to the Douglas Trail parking lot in Douglas.... if you're reading this after 6pm on Monday, head directly to the Douglas Saloon!
- Tuesday 6:00pm: The trail run is heading to Whitewater... see masons' note below. Should be fun (I would suggest a headlamp, it's getting to be that time of year!)
- People near Rochester Meet at the parking lot in front of the RCTC fieldhouse.We will leave for Whitewater by 6:00.
- If you want to go directly to Whitewater we will arrive at the Nature store ( west side of park) by 6:30 We'll have to start right away. We are losing daylight. I'd like to do a quick loop around the Coyote Point trail and, if there is time, climb the Elba Fire tower
- Tuesday 6:00pm: TerraLoco is at it again, continuing the Tuesday Night Fun Run.. while benefiting local charities. See details below.
- Wednesday 5:30pm: The speed session will start at the trail head of douglas trail (in Rochester, along valley high road). Intervals are the plan... get out and go!
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is at the Bears Den in Byron... Always fun to get out to the Den as they do such a great job taking care of us post workout! Join us for a 3, 4 or 6 mile run or walk!
- Saturday 9am - Purple Stride 5K and 1 Mile.. more details and information on registration and donating at http://purplestride.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1065197&lis=1&kntae1065197=536BAFA1FB81402089A8FCD12864D74D
- Saturday 9am - 2nd Annual Erin's 5K Fun Run/Walk... this is another great opportunity to support a local fundraising event. Details can be found at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=365