The evening started out with a B.E.D. crew of Bike. Eat. Drink. and then rolled into a group of runners and walkers! Of course, eventually, we're all together again!
|Don, Randy, Judy, Tom & Sarah.... Bike. Eat. Drink!|
- Saturday 7am: The Marathon training run is set for 14 miles! The description below is a copy and paste from Dan's Blog at http://runningrochester.blogspot.com/ You can find information like you see below each week regarding the training runs. - They are fantastic training runs with a large group, and as you see in the note below, they are supported with volunteers at water stations!
- RAC run Saturday July 13th, 7 AM this route is 14 miles and has 3 water stop locations 1 at Mayo credit union, 2 at Kutzky park, and 3rd at Kindercare daycare, with us picking up the 3rd location twice after making a 5 mile loop for 7 miles half marathoners will go back after the second water stop at Kutzky park. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5986994
- Sunday 8am: The Off Season Striders take off from Panera South for a 4-6 miler. Of course, you can always change the distance if you want a little more.. a little less. Come out and enjoy a cup of coffee post run!
- Sunday 6pm: All comers meet in Byron. Bring your kids and enjoy this free event at the track located at the Middle School. They'll have a chance to long jump, high jump, shot put and run races on the track!
- Volunteers needed for this event! Last time, it lasted until approx. 7:20pm. Commit 60-90 minutes and come join us! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're available to help! Every job is easy! I promise...
- Monday 6pm: The Monday Maniacs are heading back to Douglas! We'll gather at the trail parking lot... and run/walk an out and back on the Douglas Trail. Post workout, we'll head to the Saloon (one of the happiest places on earth!)
|Douglas Saloon, Voted #1 Most Comfy Chairs! (I just made that up, but they are comfy!)|
- Tuesday 6:15pm- The Trail crew goes for a Root River Ramble! The park is 8.2 miles south of Mayo HS just stay on Co Rd 1 and look for the small sign pointing to the park. It's a lot of fun just outside the city. Join in for the ramble, then head over to Whistle Binkies for the post party!
Some Don't Forgets! - and all the don't forgets have an opportunity to volunteer.. please consider!
- Torch Light 5K in Minneapolis- Carpool leaves Rochester at 4:30pm (that's should be communicated as 4:15pm for Becker and Monica). We'll gather at the walmart/sam club parking lot along 55th St NW. We meet near the Kwik Trip. This is a USATF event! Go Team R.E.D. -- if anyone still wants in, there's still time! https://register.bazumedia.com/reg/form?eventID=1711
- Beer Mile Thursday 7pm! If you're not running in the beer mile, I struggle to understand why not. But.. if you're not, you can still come at 6pm.. go for a run or walk, and be back in time to cheer on the Beer Milers! -- http://beta.active.com/byron-mn/running/team-red-beer-mile-2013 -- want to volunteer? - contact Jen or Dan at jenschrandt
@hotmail.com , dan @svmrochester.com
- Good Neighbor Days 5K Saturday July 20th at 8am! Get your registration form at the following link http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=176&ArticleID=308 Charro is still accepting runners/walkers and Volunteers! If you'd like to volunteer, please email Charro at charro.coleman
- Sunday July 21st 5:30pm - Team R.E.D. is hosting a FREE Kids Mile on the Good Neighbor Day parade route. Bring the kids and have some fun! We can probably use a couple volunteers getting this thing rolling... it should be a blast! - if you want to volunteer for this gig, please send me an email at Byron.email@example.com
- Sunday July 21st 6pm: - Team R.E.D. is marching in the parade! We'll sing some songs, toss out candy and can coolies! Come join us! You can volunteer for the kids race, and march! -- Watch for news regarding a pre-parade tune up. (we have to work on our chants!). If you're planning to march in the parade... please email me at Byron.firstname.lastname@example.org