It's a shame that some of you never had the opportunity to meet Paul, as his personality is one of a kind! He was magnetic, pulling us all in with his stories, and you just knew, at some point soon you were going to bust out laughing uncontrollably. We'll forever miss Paul presence, but will never forget his kindness, and passion for all things fun.
|Paul getting after it|
|Paul Melby, Boston Qualifier - May 14, 2011|
|Team R.E.D. from Melby Park|
Here's a look at what's going on this weekend....
- Saturday 7am: A 12-13 mile out and back along the Med City Marathon course is set with water stations. Gather at the Bears Den if you want to take part in this run. The course covers the rollers into Rochester, it will be a good workout!
- Need more miles? A group is pre-loading from the Bears Den starting at 6:15 am. They will load a few miles and circle back to the Den to join the rest of the party. The route is shown below with the elevation chart.
- Saturday 7:15am: This last Marathon / Half Marathon training long run from the RAC takes place. Depending how many mile you feel you need this route has options of 7, 10 or 15 miles, with an aid station at Silver Lake.
- Saturday 10am: The 4th Annual VAD 5K Run/Walk at Soldiers Field. A friendly race director will be there to support you! Sarah Schettle is in charge of this great event for patients with Ventricular Assist Devices. More details can be found at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=719
- Sunday starting at noon: Our dear friends and teammates, KP & Rachel are preparing to leave Rochester for new and exciting opportunities. We are surely going to miss them! Such fun, happy people... a truly inspiring couple that we've been so lucky to meet! They are hosting a celebration and have invited us all to their place.. what were they thinking?! See the note from KP below.
- Friends, Rachel and I are having another pig roast but this one is to celebrate our time in Rochester. We are hoping to have all our friends come and enjoy our gathering. It will be all day on at our house.
- Our address is 1035 4th Ave SE, Rochester, MN 55904.
- Our party is going to be all day with the hopes that as many of our friends as possible can attend. The pig will be ready to eat at and will be available until it is gone. Bring family and friends if necessary. If you feel like bringing a side that would go well with bbq pig we would really appreciate it. Buns, salad, cole slaw corn bread and beer always go well with pig.
- Looking forward to seeing everyone on May 17th.
- Sunday 1-4pm: Roll & Stroll for JDRF at Soldiers Field. As many of you know, this event strikes home to the O'Leary's and we've appreciated the support over the years, you are amazing people! It's a fun family event with a DJ, games, silent auction, prizes and a fundraising spirit! If you'd like to donate to Megans team and help raise money for Type-1 Diabetes Research, please visit http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?fr_id=4744&pg=personal&px=1006122 and consider making a donation.