You'll see a lot of familiar faces and hear some familiar names announced in this clip from KTTC....
KTTC Rochester, Austin, Mason City News, Weather and Sports
Congrats to everyone! There were some amazing results, including several PRs... honestly too many to list! Also several age group award winners.. very nice work! Here are a few of the top Team R.E.D. performances..
- Dani Vsetecka won the women's division of the Half Marathon in a blazing time of 1:24:31!
- The team of Claire Walling, Anna Schettle, Sarah Schettle and Alicia Alverson took home the female Relay title!
- The team of Brian & Angela Giese took 3rd place in the Coed Relay (with a two person team!)
- Dan Feda represented the men very well with his 4th place Half Marathon finish in 1:21:17!
- Andy Hemenway ran a 3:00 marathon, placing him 4th for the men! Cruising as usual!
- Congratulations to Team R.E.D. Members Laura Mesenburg and Austin Zett, as they both competed in the Division III Nationals Track & Field Championship! Laura placed 12th in the Pole Vault, while Austin finished 2nd in the Discuss... very nice work both of you!
|Austin competition time!|
|Laura is always well prepared!|
- Tuesday 6pm: The TerraLoco 5K is just $5 and those funds go to a local charity! A new charity benefits almost every week.
- This weeks recipient is the Zumbro Valley Health Center, the 5K Run/Walk offers the unique opportunity to come together as a community and take a stand for mental health. Whether you run or walk, your participation helps raise the money for the Zumbro Valley Health Center.
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Trail Crew is heading to Quarry Hill for about 5 miles of fun! Meet at the west parking lot near the tennis courts, access the lot from 9th St NE in Rochester.
- Wednesday 3:30pm: See the message I received from Mike Schmitt regarding a 5K put on by Benjamin's school running club. Sounds fun and it's FREE!
- Rochester Montessori School 5K Run/Walk: Join the RMS Running Club on from for its first ever *free* 5K Run/Walk on the RMS Fitness Course (5099 7th St. NW Rochester MN 55901) This event is open to the public. If you plan to attend, please email Mark Seifert at firstname.lastname@example.org - there was a target deadline to register of May 20th, but if interested, I would suggest still dropping him an email!
- Wednesday 6pm: Speed on the Track in Byron... come one come all! You can either shake out your tired legs from this weekends races, or continue to build your speed for future events. The track is located behind the Byron Middle School on 4th Street.
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is back in Rochester with the location still to be determined. Plan on routes of 3, 4 or 6 miles!
- Friday 6:30pm: The Donut Run takes place at the Byron High School! Several of you have asked about running in it, and volunteering... that's great! We need both of those roles filled!
- You can still register online at the following link... It's also not too late to order the optional tee-shirt! http://form.jotform.us/form/50926536282156
- I'll publish a list of what we need for volunteers on our next blog update.
- Saturday 6:30am: There is a group of people planning a long run from the RAC to get 20 miles in for Grandmas Marathon training. Check out the route, there are options to add on, or take miles away. The following link shows the route, and they are adding a loop around Silver Lake to complete the 20 miles. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6588608
- This crew will be heading to Brothers Bar & Grill for breakfast post long run.
- Saturday 7:15am: The Off Season Striders will be rolling from Brothers Bar and Grill.. as usual, please park in the back and we'll do the route talk outside if weather is good, or inside the back door if it's dicey. This run will range anywhere from 6-12 miles (you can always add or drop miles with this crew.
- I'm planning to preload starting at 6am from the back of Brothers... and will circle back to join the OSS run. Total mileage will be 22 when it's said and done, all are welcome to join the preload if you like.
- Sunday 8am: Off Season Striders are hitting Panera South, and I would anticipate the mileage to be less then reported above!
- Sunday 3pm: Hashing in Byron! See notes below!
- To promote physical fitness among our members
- To get rid of weekend hangovers
- To acquire a good thirst and to satisfy it in beer
- To persuade the older members that they are not as old as they feel
Upcoming events on June 6th - details can be found at rochestertrackclub.com :
Chesterwoods 5K, 10 Mile and 50K - Jim Mason once again is hosting this great event! If anyone is interested in working a Team R.E.D. waterstop please let me know. I can not be there to help, as it's the State Track Meet that day.
The Tortoise vs Hare 5K, 10K and 1 Mile - This seems like a great event too, set up with some equalizers based on age, gender and height/weight ratio!