|Dan, Marisa and Alexis join Team R.E.D. -- that's a lot of awesomeness right there!|
The Living History Farms bus is ready to rock - and the theme is Stewardesses & Pilots - Drunk on a Plane!
There is still room if you want to get on board, in fact, the race itself still has openings and you can register at https://secure.getmeregistered.com/get_information.php?event_id=11507 If you register and want to ride with R.E.D. send me an email at email@example.com
For anyone not familiar with the Living History Farms Off Road Race... it's 7 miles held on Nov 22nd, with multiple creek crossings - you can run the whole thing, or follow me as I know all the short cuts! We'll leave Byron at 4am... arrive in Urbandale IA approx 7:30am.. the race starts at 9am. Our bus will have us back in Byron at 4pm. It's a 12 hour tour... and a fun one!
A special Congratulations goes out to Mia and Danny as they are getting married on 10/18.. and all of Team R.E.D. is invited to wedding dance at Events in Kasson on Saturday 10/18! Dance goes from 8pm-midnight and Events is located at 8th St SE in Kasson. . My scanning skills are poor.. but here they are! We are so happy for them!
- Saturday 7:30am: You are invited to Jean Murray's home for Off Season Striders! Plan to head out for a walk or run at 7:30... and come back for brunch! She is located at 515 17th St SW in Rochester. Thanks for hosting Jean!
- Sunday 8am: Off Season striders is at it again.. this time from Dunn Brothers North.
- Sunday 4pm: Team R.E.D. hike at Oxbow park to celebrate the return of Teddy Bridgewater to the Vikings helm!
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are gathering at Whistle Binkies North. This is a new location for the run/walk.. there are easily accessible trails nearby and of course, Whistle Binkies is always fun! Don't get fooled by the price of the Red Stripe Beer... it's easy to get fooled.
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Trail crew is returning to Bartells Farm, and will follow the fun run with a bonfire at Yvonne's! Nice! More details i.e. address to follow.
- Wednesday 5:30pm: The speed crew hits the hills again! Gather at the Soldiers Field Memorial and take as short warmup to the base of the hill, and repeat!
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is back in Byron... let's hit the Bears Den, get our exexercise then social it up! Plan on 3, 4 or 6 miles.. we'll roll through the Melby park to check on any trash pickup. This is our teams adopted park... we renewed for 3 more years!
One more thing to put on your calendar.. Thursday Oct 23rd, Mayo Clinic is offering a Running Night with their new fancy sports complex! It'll be a chance to check things out. You might never guess who is all over the informational sheet.. it's our own Jen St Amand! Again!
This date does fall on a regular Team R.E.D. Night.. also falls on the Section 1A High School Sections Cross Country championship. Please visit the poll on the right hand side of the blog to vote for where you'd like to be on Oct 23rd. Please only vote if you think you might actually be there.