Several members were at Monster Dash this past weekend.. and they were rockin' the costumes! Nice work in the race as well!
|Amy & Mike spotted near the start!|
Below is a pic of Team R.E.D. award winners at the Spirit Run. Notice Dan is holding a trophy, as he was the overall champion on Saturday. Also, missing from this pic is Roger, who also scored an award. Nice work everyone!
|Team R.E.D. represented well with several awards at the Spirit Run!|
We have another full, fun week ahead of us! It all starts with a trip to the Douglas Saloon!
- Monday 6pm - Monday Maniacs gathers at the parking along the Douglas trail in Douglas. We'll get out for your choice of run or walk, and we'll come back for some fun in the Douglas Saloon & Social Club! We haven't been there in awhile, should be fun!
- Tuesday 6:15pm: Essex park is the scene for the Tuesday Trail crew. Gather at the main parking lot, labeled H on the map in the following link https://www.rochestermn.gov/departments/park/shelters/pdf/Essex.pdf This is a great little park in Rochester! Our family went hiking out there today, it was super nice out there.
- Wednesday 5:30pm: The hill crew keeps it rolling. Meeting at the Soldiers Field Memorial and heading to the hills for repeats. Great workout! Great fun!
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. get's the run and/or walk on at the Bears Den in Byron. Halloween costumes encouraged! Maybe you want to try out your underwear outfit? We'll get out for 3, 4 or 6 mile options.. and back to the Den for the social!
- Friday Oct 31st - Registration opens for the Underwear One Mile to be held on Dec 5th at 6:30pm in Byron! Proceeds to benefit Breast Cancer Research. This One Mile Underwear Run is part of Byron Brrrr Fest, so plan on joining us for a post race party at the Bears Den!
- What type of underwear is acceptable? Any and all! Some people are talking about fun undies, i.e. superhero and the like, others are thinking long underwear! Others are thinking more booty shorts, or sexy fun undies.... you could even wear jammies if that made you more comfortable!
- Don't think you can handle participating in this event? Want to volunteer instead? Please drop Tom an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
- Saturday Nov 1st - 5k/10K Fun Run/Walk to Fight Lung Cancer. Registration is available at http://www.
wortmanlungcancerfoundation. com/upcoming-events/ and again available on Race Day starting at 8am.. Races at 9am at Autumn Ridge Chuch in Rochester. You can learn more about the organization at http://www.wortmanlungcancerfoundation.comr/
- Saturday Nov 1st -Running Cool 5K in Winona to benefit two of Winona State's Special Education Initiatives. More details at the following link. http://freepdfhosting.com/97f46b86fa.pdf
- Nov 8th: Gamehaven True Cross Country run! Team R.E.D. has had a strong showing in the past, let's continue to participate and promote this great local event! You can register at http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42657378568977