|Sue trying to keep up with the Beer Milers - Thanks to so many Volunteers for making this happen!|
Lots of great pics to share from Thursday through Saturday.. and I'm sure we'll have a few more on Sunday... I'll get them added to Sunday nights post.
In the meantime, What Next? Well, it starts with Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
- Sunday 7:30am: Off Season Striders are running from Newts North, located along Hwy 52 & 55th Street.
- Sunday: Team R.E.D. is hosting a Free Kids Mile and takes part in the Byron Good Neighbor Days Parade. Below is a breakdown of how it will play out (feel free to take part in any or all of these things!)
- 12-Noon: The O'Leary's are hosting a pre-parade party in their backyard, at 805 1st Ave NW in Byron. We'll provide Sloppy Joes & Cupcakes... Bring your own beverage and let's make a plan for the parade!
- 2:30pm: Team R.E.D. Free Kids Mile! If you have kids who want to run in it, bring them to the Byron Middle school.. race rolls down the parade route at 2:30, so arrive a little early! If you want to volunteer at the Kids Mile, either come to O'Leary's afternoon.. or find us at the Middle School about 2pm.
- 3pm: Team R.E.D. marches in the Good Neighbor Days parade! We are one of the early units, and this year, Wendy and I are parking a vehicle at the Elementary school, so we don't all have to walk all the way back!
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are heading to a new watering hole. Cowboy Jacks is located at 1625 South Broadway in Rochester. It meets the main requirement... patio! Plan to grab some miles, then some social on the patio.
- Monday 5:45pm: Due to the Torchlight 5K on Wednesday, the hill crew is moving that workout to Monday. They'll gather at the Soldiers Field Memorial, and head to the hills from there! Maybe they would consider joining the Maniac crew on the patio at Cowboy Jacks post workout... maybe!
- Tuesday 6pm: Tuesday Trail Crew is heading to Yvonne's property near her home for a fun run at the Bartels Family Farm... and the good news, the run will be followed with a pool party! Meet at Walmart South Parking Lot at 6pm to caravan to the location. Or you can drive directly to the farm location by following this google map link https://www.google.com/maps/place/43%C2%B056'06.3%22N+92%C2%B033'27.8%22Wemail@example.com,-92.557712,2639m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m7!1m4!3m3!1s0x0:0x0!2zNDPCsDU2JzA2LjMiTiA5MsKwMzMnMjcuOCJX!3b1!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
- Wednesday 5:45pm: The Wednesday night workout has moved to Monday (see above), due to the Torchlight 5K.
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is home hosted by the Sara & Joe. Thanks so much for inviting us to your home at 5236 Middlebrook Dr NW in Rochester. We'll head out for a run or walk of the distance of your liking, and come back for some food and drink! Joe & Sara are providing Buffalo Chicken & Shredded Beef Sandwiches, chips and macaroni salad... making me hungry! If you'd like to bring something to share, feel free to do so. Also, please Bring your own beverages.
- Sunday July 27th 4pm -7pm: The Team R.E.D. Pentenial Celebration (That's possibly a made up word, but it means 5 year celebration for those of you scratching your heads!) Details for this event will be emailed, as well as update right here on Sunday July 20th's post.
- Tuesday 6pm: Terraloco hosts another 5K for Charity. It's a low pressure event, as it's run entirely with the charity in mind.. a chance to get out with others and have some fun, while getting a great workout.
- Wednesday 7:30pm: Torchlight 5K in Minneapolis. Registration is still open at http://www.torchlight5k.com/page/show/502309-registration
- Several Team R.E.D. members are loading the Rochester Trolley and scooting up the highway! Pickups will be made in Rochester, Byron and Cannon Falls (hopefully we remember to drop people off at all those places too!)
- Saturday 8:15am: The Rochester Track Clubs Woman's Race. This a 4 Miler around Silver Lake, and is part of the RTC Grand Prix Series. You can get more information and register at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=618
- Sunday 2pm Kids Mile: You can come to the Byron Middle School and volunteer with the Free Kids Mile. We can use a couple people to have parents register their kids, and sign a waiver. Additionally, 1-2 people at the turn around point, and others at the finish to hand out medals. If interested in helping, just show up!
- The Rochester Track Club is seeking a race director for the Douglas Trail run. It's an 11 Mile race, out and back on the course. Has typically been a pretty low key event in early August. If you're interested in picking this one up, please contact Jim at Jim.Mason@chsinc.com
- Aug 22nd-24th: The Healthy Human Race is seeking volunteers for many roles... one might just fit you! Team R.E.D. is hosting a water station for the 1/2 Marathon on Sunday the 24th, you can volunteer at that location by contacting Katie at katie.massen
@tenethealth.com but if you want to view all the volunteer opportunities, you can do so at http://www.healthyhumanrace.com/volunteers.php
- Lace Up Against Breast Cancer is seeking a new Race Director for the 2015 event. This is a great, well established event if you're interested in getting on board please contact Laura Lenz at firstname.lastname@example.org