|Meagan & Aditya weeding! / with wonderful friends in Christina, Andrea and Sarah|
|Megan & Tom celebrating the moment!|
|Tohnia,Christina, Andrea and Sarah seem to be enjoying the festivities!|
|Ladies of R.E.D. ... awesome!|
|Megan celebrating with the ladies too! Lorelei is on board with the fun, so happy she could be part of their day!|
|Kasey (far right) got in the wedding action too! I hope they didn't ask her to sing the National Anthem!|
Speaking of weddings... check out the video below, it's worth the watch! Team R.E.D. member Sarah Schettle was able to take part in this amazing event! Sarah is also the race director of an annual event to raise money for patients in need of Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs).
I ran into Sarah today, and she smiled, saying it was a very emotional event, and a wonderful experience! -- Sarah is spotted early in the video, but her name is first mentioned at the 1:56 mark and they even put a spotlight on her! -- it's a great story, and great work by the Mayo team!
Relay Iowa - 339 Miles of pure goodness! Team R.E.D. members Claire, Kristine, Ron & Tina were all part of a relay team in the Relay Iowa! It sure looks like they had a blast, I haven't had a chance to chat with any of them yet, but by all Facebook accounts it was fun!
|Longest Relay.. 339 Miles!|
|The team getting ready to get ready... Team R.e.D. members spotted here, Rom far left (barely) and Kristine on the right side in orange.|
|Tina bringing home a strong leg of the relay!|
|I do not believe I've met this man.. but I do like his style!|
|Looks like a successful team finish with Claire carrying the banner!|
Chester Woods was once again successful! Mason has done a great job carrying the torch for this annual event, and the event will indeed continue, under new race management from Triton Events.. and I'm sure it'll be a great event again in 2016!
|Team R.E.D. water stop organized by our own Katie! - Pictured here, Katie, Gwen, Marissa, Roger and two more volunteers!|
|Team R.E.D. Style Stop... beer me!|
|Peter doing his thing! What is his thing?|
|Sarah and Meagan rolling down the hill! All smiles!|
|Steve & Dave leading the pack!|
|Steve and Jim showing the route|
|Tohnia, Heidi and Sonny with no worries!|
|Who let the horse out!|
Guaranteed entry is now open for the TC 10 Mile! - This is one of the most fun events as it's the same day as the TC Marathon, yet 16.2 miles shorter in distance! It's also one of the most well attended Team R.E.D. race events, so join us!
The TC 10 Mile is typically lottery only, but since Team R.E.D. is a USATF Club, you can get guaranteed entry! You do need to be a member of USATF and associate yourself with Team R.E.D.... if you're not a member of USATF and want to be, you can do so at the following link. http://usatfmn.org/membership Look for Team R.E.D. club #0435 (note it's different from Minnesota RED, do not get fooled!) once you've done that, follow the directions below, and away you go!
3. Place the unique Invitation Code listed above on this page in the appropriate box in the bottom left of the registration screen.
4. After filling in the Invitation Code box you must click “Apply” to the right of the box.
5. Choose USATF Team Circuit (Registration) when prompted and click “Continue.”
7. You will receive an email receipt from imATHLETE to the email address indicated on your registration confirmation your registration.
8. You will receive a separate econfirmation with information about the race and a link to more information.
9. If you have any questions contact Catherine@tcmevents.org
- Monday 6pm: Monday Maniacs are heading out from Beetles Bar & Grill on 2nd Street in Rochester. This location offers us a lot of opportunities for routes. Show up at 5:57pm and hear the route talk!
- Tuesday 5:30pm: The Rochester Track Club's Grand Prix 1-Mile takes place on the track at John Marshall High School. This is a FREE event, and lots of fun to see what sort of shape you're in. My shape is round... what's yours? - Arrive early to get your bib # and be ready to test yourself!
- Tuesday 6pm: TerraLoco continues the 5K Charity Series. It's so much fun to run with this crew. There is zero pressure, in fact, not even a clock! Get out and run a 5K, enjoy the others around you, and celebrate! This week has an 80s theme, so get out your big hair, and let's go!
- Tuesday 6:15pm: The Trail Crew has a Holzinger Hop planned! This is a Winona location, and there are many enjoyable trail runners planning to attend! Meet at the main parking lot near the lodge at 925 West Lake Blvd.
- Wednesday Track: There is no track workout scheduled (unless someone sends me a specific request and agrees to be the leader of the workout). Instead, I would encourage you to do the 1-mile on Tuesday... an all-out mile can really test you! Of course if you need more of a workout, you can add a strong warmup and cooldown to complete your effort. -- Or do the race below.
- Wednesday 6:15pm: The Viola Gopher Count 5K is on! This is typically a smaller race... go race it! http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=756&TM=78874.06
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is at the Bears Den in Byron. We'll have routes of 3, 4 or 6 miles, and I suspect, with Grandmas marathon just days away, we'll have several members doing a bit less... possibly even Eat. Drink.! Join us for any or all of it !
- Saturday 7am: The Marathon & Half Marathon training long runs get started! Meet at the RAC, and bring $1 to help offset the cost of the supplies at the aid stations.