|Jen, Gwen, Andy & Tom ... picture courtesy of Mr. Woo|
As long as we're showcasing big checks.. here's a shot I lifted off facebook of Dani from a few weekends ago! I guess when it comes to the ladies of Team R.E.D. ... these big checks indicate, size really does matter.
Here's a look at what's just around the corner...
- Saturday 7am: The Marathon and Half Marathon training runs are still taking place with this weeks long run scheduled for 15 miles. With so many members having races approaching, it's going to be a fun fall!
- Sunday 7:30am: The Off Season Striders are gathering at Panera North, near Target. This group typically runs 5-7 miles, and enjoys some great social time over coffee and/or breakfast post run.
- Monday 6pm: The Monday Maniacs are continuing their Patio theme, with a sidewalk option at Dooleys Pub in Rochester. This is typically a 4-6 mile night, but as with any, you can run or walk whatever distance you desire!
- Tuesday 6;15pm: The trail crew is heading to Chester Woods! It's always awesome out there.. meet at the beachhouse at 6:15pm and enjoy a few colorful miles along the trails. Yes, colorful.. it's that time of year!
- Wednesday 5:45pm: The Hill workouts are a great way to prepare for nearly any race! Join us at Soldiers Field (the parking lot near the war memorial). We get out for a warmup, and then proceed with repeats on a fine fine hill.
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is heading to WildWood Bar & Grill in Rochester. Wildwood is located near the TJ-Max plaza on the back side of the Ramada. This gives us great access to the trails where you can plan to run or walk any distance. Typical distances are 3, 4 or 6 miles.
- Friday Sept 19th - 10pm: The UV Splash Color Dash. This looks to be fun and you can find more details at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=652
- Saturday Sept 20th - 9am: The Bishops 5K Run/Walk takes place at Zumbro Luthern Church (next to Soldiers Field). Details at http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=633
- Saturday Sept 20th - 9am: The Friends of the Poor is a new walk/run in town. This 5K takes place at the Church of Resurrection located at 1600 11th Ave SE in Roch. More information at http://www.svdp-rochmn.org/fop-2014
- Saturday Sept 20th - 1pm: The Med City Foundation Fall Festival includes a 5K run/walk raising money for Patient Service Funds. Race day registration is available from 10am-12:45pm at the 4-H bulding, however the race starts at Mayo High School. There is also FREE Daycare for those attending the festival and/or race. You can learn more about the foundation at http://www.medcityfoundation.org/
- Sunday Sept 21st 9am: The Hy-Vee Fit Kids run takes place at Soldiers Field. This is put on by the same group as the part of the Hy-Vee Kids Triathlon Series that are always well run events. More details at http://www.hyveekidsfit.com/road-races/rochester-road-race/
- Tuesday Sept 23 6pm: The TerraLoco 5K is raising funds for Bolder Options this week! Come join the fun, help a great cause.. and meet Darrell Thompson!