Congrats to Lorelei for a great run at the Nashville Rock n Roll Half Marathon... she ran into, and met for the first time (I believe) another Team R.E.D. Member Jim Raasch from Zumbrota. Jim completed the full marathon at Nashville in his quest for 50 states.
An interesting note on Jim, he has completed all 6 of the World Marathon Majors! What are the 6 Majors? Try Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, NYC and most recently added, Tokyo. Congrats Jim!
- Monday 6pm: Head to the trail parking lot in Douglas and we'll run or walk some nice miles along the Douglas Trail. Of course, the social moves to the Douglas Saloon.. bring cash, they ain't taking your credit!
- Tuesday 6pm: TerraLoco is hosting a 5K in support of the Roll & Stroll for JDRF! Both the trail crew and track crew have elected to attend, which is awesome! Come turn your wheels a little quicker and help raise some funds to cure Type-1 Diabetes!
- Wednesday - Nothing is currently scheduled...
- Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is back at the Bears Den (turns out last week was the 4th Thursday... and they weren't expecting us! They will be expecting us this week however!)
- Saturday 7:15am: Marathon and Half Marathon long run training continues.
- Saturday 8:00: The Melby Kids Mile - a 1 mile race, with FREE Entry! Come have fun! Details at http://rochestertrackclub.com/SiteImages/FileGallery/Spring_2014_RegForm_Draft_2_737.pdf
- Saturday 8:30: The Spring Classic 15K .. it's the first of the Rochester Track Club Grand Prix events for this season. They can still use additional volunteers for this event as well! http://rochestertrackclub.com/SiteImages/FileGallery/Spring_2014_RegForm_Draft_2_737.pdf
- Saturday 8:40: The Spring Classic 5K gets underway just after the 15K rolls out. (same link as above).
- Saturday 9:30am: Racin' For Jason at Bear Cave Park in Stewartville - several Team R.E.D. members have expressed interest in this event to help support the Jason Hatz family, as Jason was diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease. It's suggested you wear a Hat for Hatz. http://rochestertrackclub.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=28&ArticleID=484
- Sunday 8am: The trail crew heads out from the 1st Bridge of Oxbow Park. Always fun to run or hike at Oxbow!
Planning is well underway for a few items coming up in July, mark your calendars... details on each of these events will follow...
- July 17th - Beer Mile
- July 18th - Trail Race at Oxbow
- July 19th - Byron Good Neighbor Day 5K
- July 20th - Team RED hosts a 1 Mile - and marches in the Good Neighbor Day Parade!
- July 27th - 5th Year Team R.E.D. celebration! This will start in the afternoon.