Med City Marathon weekend is less than two weeks away! And we also have two great races that are approaching a deadline for t-shirts. If you want to race at Chester Woods or participate in the Donut Run, you'll want to register this week as we're placing the order for t-shirts by Friday!
Along with the races below.. don't forget to save Aug 13th as Nite Shift is opening for The Guess Who at Down By The Riverside! http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/MNROCH-1984523
- Med City Marathon May 27th-29th - You can register at http://medcitymarathon.com/ We can use volunteers for the Team R.E.D. booth at the expo on Saturday May 27th. If interested in volunteering please email Tom at email@example.com
- Mason Run @ Chester Woods June 3rd - T-shirt deadline May 19th. You can register at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/10771/chester-woods-trail-races This is a fun race with options of 5K, 10 Mile and 50K - Live music at the post race party! - We can use volunteers at a water stop, as well as finish line!If interested in volunteering please email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donut Run June 4th - T-shirt deadline May 19th. You can register at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/12931/donut-run This is a race with fun for the entire family! - The 2.5 Mile course has two donut stations.. for every donut you consume, you deduct time from your finish! - check out the affordable registration rates and get involved!
- Go for the Gold July 8th - You can register at https://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=14287 Proceeds of this fast, fun race go to Brighter Tomorrows and their mission to support families impacted by Childhood Cancer.
- Nut House Challenge July 15-16 - You can register at http://tritoneventsraces.com/nuthouse/ Be part of this exciting two day challenge consisting of 5K , 10K and 1/2 Marathon! You can mix and match your distances, or select your favorite race. There's also a kids challenge!
- Beer Mile July 20th - You can register at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/12943/beer-mile-5th-annual Have a few beers, run 1-mile and help support the Lions with an Accessible Park Project!
- Good Neighbor Days Races July 22nd - You can register at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/12942/byron-good-neighbor-days-races Come race the streets of Byron with the 5K and 2.5K courses. Lots of prizes and fun!
- Rochester Eco Tri July 29th - You can register at http://www.rochesterecotri.com/ Be a part of the Rochester Eco Tri and Trail Races on Saturday, July 29th. 5K and 10K trail races. All proceeds benefit the Camp Victory scholarship fund.
Here's a peek at the week! For all the group runs/walks you can go whatever distance and pace you like. - For most people, it's typical to go for 45-60 minutes.
Monday 6pm: The Monday Maniacs are looking for some patio time! Meet at Cowboy Jacks on South Broadway and we'll get out for a walk or run, and back for some fun and sun!
Tuesday 6:15pm: The Tuesday Trail Crew is heading to the always enjoyable Gamehaven! See the website in here http://
Tuesday 9pm: The Tuesday Night Owls are hitting the Douglas Trail. Meet at the trailhead located on Valley High next to IBM. This is an out and back route... so no matter what your pace you'll never been too far from the others!
Wednesday 6pm: Speed work at the track in Byron! This is another chance to get faster... we'll discuss the workout while on the track and then get after it.. The track is located behind the Byron Middle School at 601 4th St NW.
Thursday 6pm: Team R.E.D. is heading to the Bears Den in Byron. The Original home of Team R.E.D. and still a great location for us to loop the town and have a great social. This week's route will include a trip to our adopted park for a quick sweep of trash before continuing on our way.